*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410342
by locke
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1077588
This is the first part of my nine part thrilogy. PLEASE RATE!
#410342 added March 3, 2006 at 4:51am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 12
Chapter 12

"So, what would The Council advise for me to do?" I asked.
The room was silent for a moment.
"Why don't we listen to the reports from our head’s?" Answered The Seward.
"Lord Cronus, would you please step forward and present your report."
Lord Cronus stood up and walked to the front of The Council and began his report.
"So far we have twenty-four Agent's in The Society, two of whom I believe are double agent's." A gasp came from around the table. "So for the past month I have been feeding them false information, and I have also realized they have been giving me false information. Of the other twenty-two Agent's we have come up with the basic strategy that The Society are using." He paused. "They have been training their chosen one, which we do not know the identity of, for the eighteen months." The crowd murmured among themselves.
"Go on." Instructed The Steward.
"We also know that they are employing a much larger force to help them." He finished.
"How large a force are we talking?" Asked Hector.
"Well this time they'll be split into groups, we think that there will be approximately twenty people in her inner circle, then there will be roughly eighty to a hundred people working as grunts. One other thing we believe that The Society will try to use the civilian population to their advantage."
"How do you 'use the civilian population'?" Asked Athena.
"Well for example, if one of our number were to be identified they may try to set it up that he or she has committed a crime. They may frame that person and make the civilians want him dead, may even start riots." He said the last part as an afterthought, although not a very nice one.
"Is their any other questions?" Asked The steward to the room at large.
"Yes." I replied. "Will the entire member's of her inner circle be around my age? and will they go to my school?"
"Yes to both answers." Replied Lord Cronus.
"Lord Cronus, you may return to your seat. Lady Frejya, could you please make your way to the front of The Council."
Lady Frejya slowly stood up and walked to the front of The Council.
"I have no report to share only that all people under our protection are safe and well." Lady Frejya said in an authoritive voice. "So I shall answer any questions that The Council may have."
There was a moment's silence.
"How many people are we currently protecting?" Asked Hector.
"Somewhere in the region of six hundred and eighty four." She replied, proudly.
"And out of that number how many are in relation to Lord Lorian's?" Hector continued.
Lord Lorian! I though to myself, that sounds weird.
She hesitated for a moment, and then said. "Three hundred and fifty eight persons."
Suddenly The whole Council looked at me. The Steward grabbed my arm; I knew what he was doing for I had remembered what it was. He was thinking to me.
what does this mean? I asked.
How many people do you come into contact with regularly? He asked.
I dunno, a hundred or so. I replied.
No your wrong, what Lady Frejya is saying is that she is protecting everyone that may in danger from The Society, because they are in contact with you.
I paused for a moment.
You mean that I’m in contact with three hundred and fifty eight people, regularly!
Yes exactly.
But, that's like half my school. I thought back to9 him.
Then you must be very popular. Finished The Steward.
"It is nothing to be worried about, my lord's and ladies. For as Lady Frejya said herself they are all safe and well." Said The Seward to the room. He inclined his head towards Lady Frejya.
"Two more questions from me Lady Frejya, if you don't mind." Continued The Steward.
"Are you protecting all of Lord Lorian's associates and how many are there?" He asked.
"Yes we are protecting all of Lord Lorian's associates and there are six associates." She answered.
"Thank you Lady Frejya, you may return to your seat." To the rest of The Council. "There is little reason why the rest of us should stand as there is little more report's to go through." He paused. "Lord Domovoy, has there been any problem's in your department?" Asked The Steward.
"None, which I know of." He replied.
"Good. Lord Hermes, has there been any burglary or robbery in your protection duties?"
"No, My Lord." Replied the man.
"Excellent. Lord Hector may I ask what would be your advise towards what to do next?"
Lord Hector stumbled for a moment then said.
"I think it's time he met his subordinates, and then for him to start teaching them. While this is happen we shall keep him notified of any information he may need." There were many nods coming around from the rest of the table.
"Let The Council vote." Shouted The Steward.
Eight of the chairs lit up.
The Steward looked at me.
"Our Advice has been given to you Lord Lorian. It is now time for you to make your choice. do you want to take our advice?"
I thought for a moment, at least I'd be doing something to help The Council.
I hesitated for only a moment, and then said.
"Okay."
© Copyright 2006 locke (UN: g0163 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
locke has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410342