*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410343
by locke
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1077588
This is the first part of my nine part thrilogy. PLEASE RATE!
#410343 added March 3, 2006 at 4:51am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 13
Chapter 13

A knock was heard at the door of The Steward's office.
"Come in." He answered.
"Ahh, Lord Lorian, this was indeed a well timed visit. I was just in the process of calling for you." Spoke The Steward.
"I know." I replied, simply.
"Well, the reason I wanted to see you is that there is a few things that I wanted to go over with you. Firstly as you are now a lord of The Council you are now an equal towards me. So could you please refer to me as Lord Odin, The Steward is only a duty not a title." He paused. "Secondly I think you should know how were going to set you up in teaching these people. You do have a plan for teaching them don't you?"
"Yes, I have." I replied, simply.
"Excellent. Well you may as well know, two of your group will be my son's Laius and Arcanum. I hope that is not a problem?"
"No." I answered. I was in fact looking forward to seeing Laius again. Since I helped save his life about a month ago it seemed to make a friendship of sort's between us that would not be easily broken.
"Good. Well I best take you to your student's." Said Lord Odin, standing up.
"I can tell you they are very much looking forward to their lessons with you." He said, while we walked to the practice rooms.
"They won't after their first lesson, I can tell you that for free." I replied, grinning.

We walked into the practice room together; there were only two people in the room. one I recognized one I didn't.
"Hello, Lord Lorian." Spoke Laius, bowing.
"Hello, Laius." I replied. I looked at the man next to him.
"This is my brother, Arcanum. Lord Lorian." Explained Laius. I greeted him warmly, with a handshake.
"I think I'll leave it to you, Lord Lorian."
"I thank you, Lord Odin." I replied. The man left.
The two men left in the room sat down at the nearby table. I followed them.
"I've been told what you have been learnt and how you have learnt it." I said to both of them. "Which is probably going to be the biggest problem of all."
"Why is that my lord?" Asked Arcanum.
"Because you have been taught in a certain way for many years, and it will be very hard for you to break that mould." I paused. "You are going to have to forget everything you have been taught." The men looked at me aghast.
"Your mind's are stuck in the conception that you only have a certain amount of power in you. This is a lie. You have as much power as you want. All you have to do is ask."
To Laius. "How do you transport objects using your magic?"
"I'm sorry I don't understand." He replied.
"I mean do you Move them by levitating or do you transport them via your mind."
"Oh, I levitate them. Only really powerful people can transport objects."
"That's a lie to. Close your eyes." I commanded. They both did instantly. I was surprised now by the amount of respect and command I had. They've probably heard about my anger with The Council and what I did to Lord Bel.
"Now imagine the table in front of you, just see it in your head. Can you see it?"
They both nodded.
"Good. Now, Laius you first. What I want you to do is imagine the table slowly breaking away. So first you imagine the table as a whole then one of the legs vanish then another then the flower pot on the top until there is nothing left. Is it all gone?"
A few seconds past then he nodded.
"Excellent. Now imagine a part of this room, It doesn't have to be far away just think of it. Have you thought of one?" Again he nodded. "Good. now finally imagine the table reappearing in that area, remember one part at a time. Leg's first the top and then the flower pot." Suddenly there was a big crash and Laius opened his eyes.
"Were you thinking of a corner of the room?" I asked.
"Yes." He replied.
"It does not matter, unfortunately all the corner's of this room look the same, so in one corner you have three table legs in another one table leg in another a table top and in another a smashed flower pot. That's what you heard smash."
"I'm sorry my Lord." He said, bowing his head.
"There is nothing to be sorry for, now let's try it again."
For the next two hours we continued, practicing with a variety of different items. It was sometime into the night when they both got the hang of it. I dismissed them both and went to bed, exhausted.
© Copyright 2006 locke (UN: g0163 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
locke has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410343