*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410560-My-1st-visit-with-the-OBGYNSHOCKER
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#410560 added March 4, 2006 at 5:49am
Restrictions: None
My 1st visit with the OB/GYN...SHOCKER>>>
Let me tell you, it was a good day. Brent and I went to see the doctor for our first OB visit.

The bad part about the visit was we had to wait 45 minutes before they actually called us. Next time I'll know better and bring my book!

My BP was fine. They drew blood and took urine. Typical really, then for the fun part. The doctor's exam.

So he's feeling me up and says, "How far along do you think you are?"

I say: "Eight weeks."

He purses his lips. "We'll do a sonogram to be sure."

So they wheel in the sonogram machine. Baby looked good. At one point the doctor goes, "I think there might be twins."

Brent said: "I think I need to sit down." *Bigsmile*

But the doctor only found one heartbeat so that was a good thing. Then he did the measurement on the sonogram.

"You're 11 weeks, 3 days."

I almost died. I was further along than I thought!! Both Brent and I were excited by the news. He wanted to celebrate but unfortunately he had to work tonight. Maybe next week. We finally told the in-laws. Grandma wants a girl.

I broke the news to Andrew. He said, "A baby for me?" I laughed. "Sure, Andrew." He continued: "A girl?"

I practically busted out. Everyone wants a girl.

© Copyright 2006 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410560-My-1st-visit-with-the-OBGYNSHOCKER