*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410606-Junior-Team-Tennis
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#410606 added March 4, 2006 at 6:10pm
Restrictions: None
Junior Team Tennis
I’m at work. Junior team tennis. Finally, a Saturday equipped with blue skies and sunshine. Perfect tennis weather, unlike the past three weekends of rain pouring down on my courts, forming gigantic puddles. Highs in the mid sixties too. Very little wind. What more could i ask for? The drill coach, that's what. He's out of town today. Everything can’t be perfect now, can it? Okay, so I knew he’d be out of pocket ahead of time. But my efforts to find a replacement were met with frustration when I discovered most of the coaches are attending the referee workshop held at the other tennis center - today. Oh great, now what? Finally, I got Diego to fill in. whew! Only he’s on court doing the USA 1-2-3 beginner adult classes until 1:30 and won’t be here till 1:45 or so. (the drills start at 1:00) See? More imperfection. Ahhh. Just what I need. So, I’m switching the sequence around. Matches first, than drills. Instead of warm-up drills, we’re calling them, practice drills. There. Problem solved, Right?

Oh, laney won her first high school match! 4:5. Yay laney. Her coach said since there are four strong players, she will switch them around and laney won’t be playing one singles but may play two, or one doubles. She’s up for the doubles thing. tomorrow the coach has asked them all to go to the other tennis center for some challenge matches to solidify her line-ups for the season.

oh, and her school won too - great way for them to start the season off.

© Copyright 2006 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410606-Junior-Team-Tennis