*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/411923-Blessed-are-the-Poor
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#411923 added March 9, 2006 at 12:41pm
Restrictions: None
Blessed are the Poor
Seems we weren't so good at picking the winning Lottery numbers. *Cry* I think we got one number out of two lines. But I've decided to use those numbers every Wednesday from now on so I shall still live in hope. I may not be rich or famous but the treasures of WDC just keep on coming and I'd like to thank Nada for those angel's wings you see up there.

I had another pleasant surprise this morning too. I've been concerned about one of our members and fellow bloggers who hadn't put in an appearance this year. But Mountainflower is back with a new handle caliope and I for one, am very pleased and relieved. She's a brave lady and a damned good writer.

After two days of continuous rain it was clear this morning so yes, Lady D I have been shopping, but sadly not with the money from a winning Lottery ticket. As soon as I arrived in Nottingham it started to pour and it hasn't stopped since. GAWD, I'll be turning into a duck myself soon. I bet a drought will still be declared come June though. Not the right type of rain they usually say.

Last night hubby and I went to check out a health and fitness club and have decided we'll give it a six month trial. I can't see me lifting weights or walking miles on a treadmill but they have a lovely swimming pool and ongoing classes in dance, Pilates and Yoga which appeal to me. Just hope it helps with the weight loss and we can find enough time to make the membership fee worthwhile.

With that in mind I thought I better buy some suitable clothing. I may have lost some weight but that hippo still stares back at me through the shop mirrors and if I could look good in the sort of clothes the assistant suggested I wouldn't need to go to a gym. I think my old trousers and a baggy t-shirt will have to do until there's a little less to cover up! I did buy a couple of skirts one size smaller than I've been wearing though, so even though it's a slow job, it's encouraging.

But now my feet are killing me, my back aches, my stomach thinks my throat's been cut and my hair's all fuzzy from the rain so I better go and do something else. Come on backside...get out the chair...why is it so easy to lose hours in WDC and so difficult to do the calorie-burning activities?

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/411923-Blessed-are-the-Poor