*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/412360-Dare-to-be-Different
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#412360 added February 13, 2013 at 5:38pm
Restrictions: None
Dare to be Different
I don't believe any test can sum up the personality of an individual. Human beings are complex and unpredictable creatures on the whole. I think it's essential as a writer to 'people watch' and observe the different traits and character types found in any place where humans gather.

Do you think everyone is contradictory in some way? Do you ever analyse yourself and your likes and dislikes, then draw rather confusing conclusions?

I consider myself a typical woman in many ways. I love feminine clothing, cosmetics, perfume, weepy films and hunky men. *Wink* But in other ways I'm not a bit like a lot of women I know. If you want to press my cut off buttons and watch my eyes glaze over then just start talking about one of the following -

1. Weddings.
2. Grandchildren.
3. Domestic tasks.
4. Neighbourhood gossip.
5. Soap Operas.

No disrespect to people who enjoy discussing such things, but I much prefer conversation a little out of the ordinary. I like people who are off the wall, outside the box, divergent thinkers or however you wish to describe them. And I must admit a lot of characters who fall into this category are male. I have quite a few male friends and often find them more amusing and interesting than many females. Of course, there are exceptions to both those statements. I know some wonderfully bizarre women and some pretty boring men, so I'd never generalise.

But that something different and special always seems to be present in creative people, particularly writers. PlannerDan has already sung the praises of our little family here so I won't repeat it or try to emulate his eloquent words. But I will add that one thing I WUB about all my friends on here is their humour, their sense of the ridiculous, their ability to look beyond the obvious and make us laugh with way out thoughts.

Which is all a very long-winded way of plugging the guest editor article by ccstring the MOST wonderfully gifted, hilarious and unique character anyone could be fortunate to come across. So if you haven't yet read it or come across this amazing being, please check out the Blogville News Issue 10. I guarantee you'll WUB him.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1054725 by Not Available.


Sorry, I'm too dense to provide a direct link. *Blush*


© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/412360-Dare-to-be-Different