*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/412769-Diagnosed
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#412769 added March 13, 2006 at 1:22pm
Restrictions: None
Diagnosed
I feel like a whirling dervish today. Is that how you spell dervish? What is a dervish anyway?

Thought I'd start the day with a long walk but half way round the park my eyes were streaming and my fwinkers so cold I thought they may drop off, so I gave up and came home. I don't remember such a long, freezing snap as this for a long time. And it's forecast to continue.

So, we've met with my parent's gardener to discuss plans for when (if) the weather improves, taken my dad to the hospital for a pre-op test for his other cataract, had a light meal out, shopped for ourselves and my parents, picked my dad back up, delivered him and shopping and then made a dash to the doctors.

My arm has been bothering me for three weeks since the fall and in the night it was very painful, so I had to give in and see the doc. Apparently, it's a 'rotator cuff' injury, which basically is an inflamed ligament rubbing against bone. I have a course of anti-inflamatories to take but if there's no improvement I have to go back for X-rays and steroid injections. *Cry*

We have our induction at the Health Club on Wednesday so I have to inform them of this injury and avoid exercising my left arm. Does this mean I'll end up with a muscular right arm and a flabby left one? Oh well, I've never been very well-balanced so why break the habit of a lifetime?


© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/412769-Diagnosed