*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/413564-Bits-and-Bobs
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#413564 added March 17, 2006 at 12:42pm
Restrictions: None
Bits and Bobs
The days pass in a whirl of activity and there seems less and less time to devote to anything leisurely or new. The days also seem to get colder and colder and it's hard to raise any enthusiasm for going out or taking a walk. I really don't believe spring is lurking around the corner; if she is, it must be a corner a long way from here.

Wednesday evening hubby and I went for our induction at the health club. I wondered if they'd throw me out or consider me a health risk, but despite my weaknesses they've decided I am still alive and capable of improvement. My body fat, weight and blood pressure are all outside the healthy range but that's not a shock. What did surprise me is my resting hearbeat is good and my lung capacity normal. I'd be Superwoman if I didn't smoke.

So, we now both have our program of activities to carry out and a reassessment in April. I just hope we have the time to devote to it and the novelty doesn't wear off too soon.

We didn't win the Lottery on Wednesday either folks. *Cry*

Thursday should have been my day out with my friend Joy, but sadly, her dog died suddenly and she was understandably too upset to come. I know only too well how devastated she feels. So, after a short shopping trip we decided to have our first session at the gym. What a pair of old crocks amongst all the sleek, firm young bodies. *Laugh* Hubby refused to wear his glasses so could barely read the instructions on his card or the machines and I think I'd need a degree to understand the mysteries of seating positions, weights and instructions. So a case of the blind leading the blind, but we managed to get through it all okay. Probably did half of them wrong but hopefully it will get simpler. I shall refuse to help hubby out in future though if he doesn't wear his specs. I thought I was the vain one. I even managed a swim afterwards and miraculously no aches today.

BOTH my computers were in bad moods last night. One had a wailing tower that wouldn't stop squealing for some reason and the other has decided to emulate a snail. *Pthb* So, I'm way behind catching up on blogs and stuffage, so apologies if I've missed anyone.

Almost time to venture out into the arctic conditions and order yet another low calorie meal at the pub. Oh, my halo must be glowing so brightly. I just hope if summer ever arrives, I'll be so slim and fit I won't be recognisable. No? I didn't think so either.

My arm is loads better by the way. Amazing what a few little pills can do. Exercising my arms to Bon Jovi as I type. lol. God, I love that man's voice and music. Not much music I don't like actually; I'll even be watching American Idol later. *Blush* Well, some of the contestants aren't too bad and Simon makes me laugh.

Anyway, enough rambling. Come on bottom, get out the chair. Come on legs...forward, forward, forward. If you're really good, you can have another session at the gym tomorrow morning. You know you love that treadmill and cycling machine...what do you mean, you'd rather stay in bed?

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/413564-Bits-and-Bobs