*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/415854-My-busy-weekend
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#415854 added March 28, 2006 at 5:18pm
Restrictions: None
My busy weekend
It's been busy around here. My sister flew out from New Hampshire last Wednesday, 22 MAR. I picked her up at the Burbank Airport. I had to work the next two days but Brent was off. It was a great visit. She came out because of Andrew's birthday.

Anyway, Christine was a BIG help. She helped me get the cake and lunches from the store, and the balloons. She helped set up. Andrew had a great day on his birthday.

** Image ID #1087554 Unavailable **


Mind you that didn't stop the in-law from causing certain mini-dramas.

I felt bad that Brent's sister, Kristi, didn't come, but I understand why she stayed away. It's got to be tough for her facing the in-laws knowing they are so snarky towards her.

Anyway, Brent's Evil Aunt Shirley actually had the GUTS to tell one of my guests to leave since his presence upset her 5 year old kid. This caused my own mother-in-law to cry, my guest's wife to cry, and his 5 year old daughter to cry.

Trust me, this scenerio is a long story. In a nutshell, Zach, the 5 year old doesn't like "little" Richard, my mother in law's stepson. Little Richard is like 30 something with a wife and 5 year old daughter, Megan. Why doesn't Zach like him? I DON'T KNOW. Probably overheard his mother talking smack about him. Needless to say the kid freaked out and EAS had the balls to ask Little Richard and his family to leave. When Brent and I found out about it, we tried to get them to stay but at that point they just insisted on leaving.

Andrew had a good time, and I was happy about that, but that mini-drama at my house didn't need to happen.

Frustrating. It boggles the mind, it does how adults can act worse than children.

Anyway, Andrew was soooo wiped out, he took a 3 hour nap on Sunday.

Christine left to go home yesterday. She was great and it was good to see her again.

Now, I can relax - a little *Smile* while I wait for April to get here.

Have a good one.
Steph

© Copyright 2006 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/415854-My-busy-weekend