*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/416698-ALs-Ants-Updated
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #464720
You supply the reading. I'll supply the writing.
#416698 added April 2, 2006 at 7:07pm
Restrictions: None
AL's Ants (Updated)
Hi everybody,

I'm a conceited bastard. (Just thought I'd point that out)

Moving right along then...

I was reading AL's journal entry..."Invalid Entry...(Yay! It worked! I wasn't sure I could link a particular journal entry like that. I didn't notice any tags for it at the WritingML Help screen. I just guessed and it worked. Ever neat) Anyways, I was reading AL's journal..."Invalid Item...(I'm getting good at this), (Hej AL), and she wrote about feeling 'rootless'. (She was born in Florida and moved to Sweden when she was almost thirteen) (I said when she was almost thirteen) (Please pay attention. There will be a test on this later) She said other stuff too but as none of it was about me, you'll have to read her entry if you want to find out what she wrote about. (I'm a conceited bastard remember. This entry has been too much about AL so far and not enough about me)

I was born in Germany. I lived in Germany again years later. (Okay, enough about Germany) My mum is English and my dad Canadian. I can relate to being 'rootless' but I try not to dwell on it. Instead I spend most of my time looking at mirrors, writing journal entries about myself and thinking of names for the ants in my ant farm. (The thinking up names is easy. Trying to remember which name goes with which ant is the hard part)

I guess that's the whole point of this entry...can you suggest suitable names for my ants? I'd prefer Swedish names, (of course), but not the Swedish names we've all heard a million times before. I'm thinking lesser known names which can apply to both boy and girl ants. Adorable, huggable names but they shouldn't be too sexy. Names appropriate for toddler or teenage ants would be great. But no hyphens!!!! My ants don't like hyphens. I've found giving them names with hyphens makes them eat one another.


Thank you.


Thumb


Update...Update...Update

AL generously sent me a whole wack of Swedish ant names for my little guys to consider. Awww thank you Anna-Lisa. *Heart* I thought my ants would have been tickled pink but unfortunately they're ungrateful little bastards. Things didn't work out quite the way I had expected them to...

Apparently they didn't think these names sounded Swedish enough: Emma, Karl, Hugo, Arvid, Vera, Joel, Tobias, Ida, Felix, Linus, Alma, Tyra, Axel, Hanna, Anna and Agnes.

These names were unacceptable, not because they didn't sound Swedish enough but because they figured they were misspelled: Filip, Elin, Oskar, Erik, Nils, Kasper, Vilhelm, Elsa, Lukas, Klara, Vilma, Jonatan, Viktor and Isak.

Here's a list of the names they liked and the impact their new name has had on their tiny lives:

Maja...Maja was absolutely thrilled with her new name. *Bigsmile* Unfortunately the other ants didn't like it so they ate her. *Frown*

Gustav...same deal...eaten.

Linnea...loved her new name...also eaten.

Alva...ditto...eaten.

Ebba...eaten.

Tilda...eaten.

Edvin...eaten. Hmmm. *Confused* I'm sensing a pattern here.

Tuva...eaten.

Kajsa...eaten.

Hampus...Hampus hated his new name so he changed it for Rasmus, which he loved. Unfortunately he should have stuck with Hampus because the other ants didn't like Rasmus and ate him.

Pontus...eaten.

Jesper...eaten.

Tova...eaten.

Hedda...eaten.

Joakim...eaten. I'm really gonna miss little Joakim. *Frown*

Melker...eaten.

Malin...unfortunately Malin got squished when I dropped a Hersey's Kiss on her. I can't help feeling responsible. Sorry Malin.

Johan...eaten.

Stina...eaten.

Ronja...eaten.

Hannes...eaten.

Olle...Olle was given his new name and then escaped while I was naming the other ants. Ungrateful little bastard.

Tove...eaten.

Tindra...eaten.

Saga...eaten.

Tea and My...both Tea and My couldn't get over that Tea and My were actually Swedish names. We all found that quite amusing. Both Tea and My were eaten.

I'd like to thank you AL for putting some smiles on a few nameless ants faces'. *Bigsmile* You're the best. *Heart*

me



"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor

*Right*Check This Out*Right* "The Amazing Race Club *Left*Check This Out*Left*

© Copyright 2006 Thumbsucker (UN: thumbsucker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Thumbsucker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/416698-ALs-Ants-Updated