*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417072-potty-hilarity
Rated: 18+ · Book · Parenting · #953544
The adventures of my nine year old son Jonah, who has autism.
#417072 added April 3, 2006 at 1:35pm
Restrictions: None
potty hilarity
We have not been having any success with potty training Jonah, who turned 4 on March 7th and expresses no interest whatsoever in the toilet.

We had this little step-stool/potty chair that fit over the regular toilet seat, and he used it a few times, but then refused outright and so we haven't been forcing it. But then he broke that potty chair so I went and bought a simpler one with a very cushion-y seat.

He LOVES it!

Tried it last night for the first time before his bath....he sat right down and peed and then wouldn't get up! I let him sit there for like 15 minutes while I verrrryy slllowwly filled his bath. He even took a Reader's Digest from the shelf and had "reading material" while he sat there....I even dared to hope that he would poop, though no such luck.

Then he started laughing. I mean really cracking up laughing. He laughed and laughed with his potty chair and his magazine and wouldn't get off until I finally brought out the BATH pec and showed it to him 5 or 6 times. "Bath time! Bath time!" I kept saying. Finally he climbed down and got in the bath....but not before stuffing half a roll of toilet paper into the toilet when I wasn't looking.

The toilet overflowed and I had to plunge it and use every towel in the house to mop the water all up while Jonah laughed some more. Then of course I had to do a surprise-nighttime load of laundry so we'd all have towels this a.m. Sheesh!

What a weird, funny, frustrating, wonderful kid.

Let's hope this is the beginning of a beautiful Jonah-Potty friendship!





"Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried."
         ~ Mae West (1892 - 1980)

** Image ID #750081 Unavailable ** 218143218143
** Image ID #868365 Unavailable **














© Copyright 2006 winklett in the woods (UN: winklett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
winklett in the woods has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417072-potty-hilarity