*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417586-Sound-the-All-Clear
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#417586 added April 5, 2006 at 5:46pm
Restrictions: None
Sound the "All Clear"
The doctor called and left a detailed message. I can't believe I missed her call. I thought I was sitting around waiting for it. Low ringtone level, I guess.

I have a dense fibrous area that poses no serious health problem right now. The doctor did say she wanted me back in six months, to have another mammogram and sonogram to check the area for changes. My relief about not having breast cancer has left me with a numb feeling like when I first received the information, almost five weeks ago.

I mentioned the "fibrous" tissue to my pain management doctor, and he said that was something that often happens in older women. Maybe he didn't say "older", but he had just looked at my age on my chart. I need to do some more research to suit my curiosity.

In my first and last colonoscopy, which has been more than a couple of years ago by now, the doctor removed what he called "pre-cancerous polyps". I'm wondering if fibrous densities can turn into pre-cancerous tissue. Probably. That's why I'm to go back in six months. But, once I regulate my breathing rhythm some, I'm going to take several deep sighs of relief, and continue my conversations with God.

Thank you so much to my writing.com friends who have been keeping up with me and my fear in this situation. I felt like you were standing by my side, and holding my hand in comfort. Ya'll made my tedious terror bearable. I am, and will be, forever grateful to you, my very dear friends*Heart**Heart*

© Copyright 2006 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417586-Sound-the-All-Clear