*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417606-American-Idol-Sings-Country
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#417606 added April 5, 2006 at 7:59pm
Restrictions: None
"American Idol" Sings Country
Just wanted to shre my opinion of how the "American Idol" show went this week, with the contestants singing country songs. I won't be spilling any secrets, as I haven't seen the results show yet.

Being from Texas, I've heard plenty of country music in my time. I don't regularly listen to country music on the radio, but I always thought I could recognize it if I heard it. "American Idol" in country mode was strange. I didn't hear even one twangy steel guitar. The orchestra was rather orchestral. Only Kelly and Bucky came through strong, with maybe the addition of Chris. After last week's Creed song, I was ready to write Chris off. But, the boy learns from his errors.

I thought the tempo of the songs was way too fast! Kelly sang "Fancy" which I recognized from years ago. It felt to me like she was running through the song just to get all the words in. I thought the band was playing all the music too fast. With limited time, I wish the contestants hadn't been so rushed in their performance time.

Somebody should've mentioned to Taylor that John Denver was never particularly known for a "soul" sound. Taylor would've come across a lot better if he'd chosen a song like "Desperado". I could hear him singing that. Unfortunately, he was rather okay, average, so - so, and I hope his fans vote for him despite his performance.

Taylor kind of "woke up" about halfway through the song, but it just wasn't his thing. I sure hope that this week's wasn't his last performance. Since the judges all seemed rather unimpressed by all the performances, maybe the "soul patrol" will go on.
© Copyright 2006 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417606-American-Idol-Sings-Country