*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/418775-MY-addiction-to-gaming
by Fig
Rated: 18+ · Book · Teen · #956453
Hope is here. By hope i mean university life.
#418775 added April 11, 2006 at 10:38am
Restrictions: None
MY addiction to gaming!
I can't get away from it!!! I'm a crack addict! (replace the word crack with gaming!) And the crazy thing is i KNOW i'm addicted....

I'm currently reading the autobiography of Malcom X and in one of the chapters (Black Muslims)Brother Malcom was speaking about a six-point therapeutic process that would be used to cure junkies of their drug + alcohol addictions.

The addict first was brought to admit to himself that he was an adict.

Secondly, he was taught why he used narcotics.

Third, he was shown that there was a way to stop addiction

Fourth, the addict's shattered slef-image and ego were built up until an addict realised that he had within the self-power to end his addiction.

Fifth, the addict voluntarily underwent a cold turkey break with drugs.

Sixth, finally cured, now an ex-addict completes the cycle by "fishing" up other addicts whom he knows and supervising their salvaging.

So basically its a cycle of saving one person, then the person that is saved saves another and continues till everyone is cured. Very good method they have, but it wasn't encouraged by the American government... I think I need to put myself on a program like this... its getting to a bad point..


© Copyright 2006 Fig (UN: ninja64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fig has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/418775-MY-addiction-to-gaming