*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/420039-Looping
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#420039 added April 17, 2006 at 8:48am
Restrictions: None
Looping
Yesterday I wrote an entry into my Going Pro publication journal ("Ah, the pitfalls of seeking publication.), and foremost on my mind was all the comments you gave in my 154th entry.

Here's what I wrote (I love "copy & paste!"):

I just sent off the revised first two chapters to "Killer of Minds" to Winsun Literary Agency after applying, I hope, the suggestions he wanted in the way he wanted.

Again, my hopes are minimal, my expectations non-existent.

Yet, I am comfortable with it all. I felt not a single moment of hesitation in hitting the "Send" button. Weird, but pleasingly weird.

I think I've finally reached a point where I'm happy with my writing and my abilities.

The success of the three monologues I wrote for the Good Friday play helped (see "Bible Monologues). Today at church a few people approached me saying how impressed they were with them, including Pastor Pete who directed the play.

Plus, I complained about my fear of success in a recent blog entry, and I received many comments convincing me that being happy and successful in my talents is a good thing.

My undying thanks to everyone who gave me such heartening and uplifting comments. You're the best. And when I get published, I pray I have enough room to give a personal thanks in my acknowledgements to every one of you.

I don't ask that you wish me luck, though I won't turn it down if you do *Smile*.

I'm leaving it all in God's hands, because all my writing belongs to Him anyway. He will do with it what He will, and it will go wherever it's intended. If Winsun is not the place for "Killer of Minds," that still means the right one is still out there . . . somewhere.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/420039-Looping