*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/420886-The-Ideal-Relationship
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #988356
2 Aries butting heads...some much needed perspective
#420886 added April 24, 2006 at 3:11pm
Restrictions: None
The Ideal Relationship
What is the ideal relationship? I'm sick and tired of the "ideal relationship". Whenever Dave and I have a problem he points to the ideal relationship and how everyone else seems to have it. I'm constantly ranting about how he has no idea what the hell is going on in anyone else's relationship and they have no clue about ours either. There's a lot more to it than whatever he tells them or someone tells him, you never know the full story unless you're in the relationship yourself.

Most important rule to remember within a relationship is that you never compare your relationship with anyone else's. I mean really. I'm sick of Dave's egative outlook at times that mentally I just want to give up and just play the role. Act out my part until I can't do it anymore. There are so many other things that I want to focus on in order for me to not resent this relationship later on in my life - more than I already do at times.

I envision living alone, with myself and my books and my thoughts and learning to live in my skin. Rolling over in the bed and enjoying the emptyness.

Well not really, but I do relish my moments alone and I realize what terrible (not always! terrible that is) work a relationship is.

© Copyright 2006 posturechick (UN: folade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
posturechick has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/420886-The-Ideal-Relationship