*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/421036-Dog-is-Woofy--Roses-Are-Blooming-Red
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#421036 added April 22, 2006 at 7:56am
Restrictions: None
Dog is Woofy; Roses Are Blooming Red
Mom's new Chow is acting just like a Chow. A few times he's sniffed at me when I've been to her house to visit. Yesterday, he actually growled, and was about ready to snap at me--with no particular provocation. Mom's already mentioned that she might not be able to keep him. He's a great watch dog, but if one can't handle an animal, it's not right to take ownership.

We're both hopeing he mellows out a bit. He's had a couple of "fits", probably from being very sensitive to flea and tick bites. We visited with the vet who did his initial work after being rescued. The vet had to muzzle poor "BoBo" to work on him. He was covered in fleas and ticks, and had not been well taken care of. The people just moved off and left the two dogs in the yard--not saying anything to anybody. Poor babies!

"BoBo's" gotten shots for heartworms, and isn't supposed to be over excited. I didn't realize that the heartworms leave the dog's system through the lungs--and if the dog gets to breathing too heavily, the worms can clog up in the blood vessels, and he could quit breathing. He's a pup who likes to run in the yard, bark at cats, and chase squirrels. Mom's encouraging him to stay in with her. He's so cute following her around the house. He's a smart dog--if he'd just figure out that I'm a good guy.

I hope everything works out with his temperment. He's such a pretty blonde dog--I'd seen red Chows before, but never blonde, like my Lab is blonde.

When he was having a running around itching fit, he settled in the laundry room and let me give him a soothing rub down with a cool wash cloth. The other time it happened it was 4:30 am the morning before the Easter bunny came, and he'd hopped in the bathtub to cool off. I sat in the tub with him, not realizing he might be one to bite when upset. I was lucky.

It rained a few days this past week, after being 100 degrees for two days in a row, and the yard guy is supposed to come this afternoon and work wonders on my "new" yard. There are several bushes around the house, and he's going to cut them way back for me. The house should look very different by the end of the day.

I've planted seeds in one section of the yard, and the sunflowers have already sprouted. I'm naming that area "karenx row", because she got my "colorful" signature for me to use from the ROAK auction. When I thanked her she said, "Just go plant some sunflowers", so I did.

I have a giant red rose bush that is filled with beautiful red roses. I trimmed not even half of the roses from the bush last night, and I filled four vases in the house. I love flowers--especially when you don't have to pay money for them at the store.

It might be a good day to go garage sale-ing today. I checked the morning newspaper, and there is one sale two doors down across the street from me, and one in the same block behind me, a nice vicinity for a leisurely walk--so I won't buy too much stuff. I don't really need anything, but it's fun to look through other people junk, and compare. It seems I always find something I can't live without. Happy Saturday all! Hope you find fun and happiness where you are today!
© Copyright 2006 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/421036-Dog-is-Woofy--Roses-Are-Blooming-Red