*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/419940-Fun-Passtime
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#419940 added April 17, 2006 at 1:47pm
Restrictions: None
Fun Passtime
When boredom gets the better of you, the Internet offers lots of ways for you to pass your time. I found a free site on the web that might interest you.

It's a computer generated version of twenty questions, and seems to be amazingly accurate. It offers versions for players in the United States, the UK, and other countries too. Our informational minds are culturally based, after all.

Select, in your mind, a movie, person--an actor, a singer, a group--or some sort of event: it's a noun, the original person, place or thing, type of mind set. Then click on several variations of the "yes" or "no" answer to the questions it poses, including "doubtful", "probable", "irrelevant", or "don't know".

You give the game the background inforamtion of your gender and your age. I was doing pretty well for myself. I baffled the game about half the time, beating it with the challenge of "Woodstock" and "Vinnie Barbarino", though it did win when I questioned it's ability with "the Monkees". If you do win, you can submit your information for the game to incorporate your subject matter.

Try clicking the link, and if that doesn't work you can copy and paste the link, and it will take you to the beginning page to pick your country:

http://y.20q.net/goose

The name of the site is 20 Q.


If you have time to pass, and want to see if you can stump a computer, give this site a try. It offers sections on movies, sports, as well as other categories and other games.

You might surprise yourself!
© Copyright 2006 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/419940-Fun-Passtime