*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/421117-Finally
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#421117 added April 22, 2006 at 5:28pm
Restrictions: None
Finally!
Spring has finally arrived.

Special thanks to partyof5dj! I had complained to him last weekend about how hot and and dry it was here, and he promised to send some of that cold moisture my way. Not 24 hours later, we had rain come through and stayed for almost 3 days with only 50-60 temperatures in the day 35-40 at night! Thanks, bro!

Last night we took full advantage of the sunny and 69 degree day, though the evening started off with a little incident.

As I drove home, I thought of one of our neighbors, a young couple from across the street. Nice people. Dave works with the boyfriend, and we've gone out to dinner a few times. I thought, "Now why is it we have people living so close, but we never see them?"

As soon as I pulled into my driveway, there they sat in the lawn with Dave, their Lab/Golden Retriever mix and Rufus playing around.

How strange is that?

Anyhow, we decided to cook burgers on the grill. Chad and Leigh Ann couldn't stay since her parents came over, but after Dave cooked the burgers, I suggested we eat them outside. The temperature likely dropped less than 5 degrees, no clouds and no wind. A perfect evening. I didn't want to waste it by eating inside. Plus as I brought out all the fixings, I thought this will likely be one of the few times we could eat outside and not have to fight off bugs! It's still too early for flies, mosquitos and those dreaded yellow jackets.

Today was another perfect day. They had originally threatened 80, but now it's only 70. Still no wind, which is a might odd for North Dakota. Perhaps partyof5dj can answer that one since all our wind comes from his neck-o-the-woods.

I could have used the wind earlier in the day. A friend, Wendy, and I participated in "Walk for America" to help raise funds for March of Dimes. By the time we reached the half-way point of the three-mile walk, I was praying for a breeze (as well as realizing I'm so out of shape!). But there wasn't even a cloud in the sky. Still isn't as I glance out my window.

But it's not the temperature, the bursting leaves on trees, the robins and other songbirds singing and dancing in the air that officially brings in spring.

Nope. It's that heartlifting song of the lawnmower! Yep, Dave just finished mowing the lawn. Why does this make me so happy?

I don't have to *Bigsmile*!!!

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/421117-Finally