*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/421293-And-God-Whispered
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#421293 added April 23, 2006 at 4:13pm
Restrictions: None
And God Whispered:
I've written more than once how God will use any methods necessary to get me to listen.

Many times, I don't expect Him to tell me anything. I'm too absorbed in my own life, my own worries.

I met a gal at the Writing for the Soul Conference both times I went. This time we spent a lot of time together and have been emailing each other quite regularly sharing our writing.

She's writing a nonfiction book and has shared with me her introduction and first chapter for me to critique.

I did so, looking at her writing from a strictly editorial standpoint, not as a reader.

This morning, however, she emailed me with a question about whether or not she didn't have enough details of her own life. A family member complained she left much of her life out of it. I decided to re-read her first chapter, this time from a reader's point of view to see if the family member was right.

I found God's voice.

At the end of the chapter, she discussed how while she does what God asks of her, she does so grudgingly, mumbling her discontent, much like a parent asking a child to do something they don't want to.

She had not surrendered to His will, but instead wanted to follow hers except when forced into His.

Today's sermon at church spoke the same thing, but in a different way. Pete, the youth pastor, read from a book about how we let "me" get in the way of God. I do things on my own strength and understanding, depending upon my own strength and "wisdom" to get me through life.

No wonder I fail and continue to worry.

During the sermon, I turned off "me" and listened.

This is what I heard:

You still have not surrendered. You try to retain control of your life - worrying about what you will do tomorrow, worrying about your lists, worrying about what you say and what you do and how people will perceive you.

That worry comes from your desire to control your life and instinctively knowing you cannot.

You do things I ask, but you fight me every step. Why do you not trust Me? Have I done anything to cause you to distrust My Will?

Trust Me, and know I have only your best interests in mind. I do not promise an easy life, but I will help you through your times of tumult and trouble. Depend on Me, and you will have all the strength and wisdom you need when you need it.

Let go of yourself. I love you more than you can love yourself, more than any human being can love you.

Have I not already proven that?


"Do not copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you in to a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."
-Romans 12:2

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/421293-And-God-Whispered