*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422022
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #1097066
For all the rest of my Flash Fiction Entries
#422022 added April 27, 2006 at 9:38am
Restrictions: None
Silent Courtship
Prompt:Write a story in the romance/love genre. Something sweet and mushy.
Word Count: 300
Entry 02/11/06

_________________________


He pretends to watch his son attentively, although his heartbeat has quickened and his breath has caught in his throat again. She’s dressed in a lovely floral sundress and there’s a large straw hat on her head, a shame for it hides the thick mass of black hair. He’s dreamed of running his fingers through it, of kissing those full lips which curve into a smile.

He’s dreamed of just…talking to her.

*Heart*

She pretends to watch her daughter attentively, although her heartbeat has quickened and her breath has caught in her throat again. He’s dressed in a t-shirt and jeans which show off his well-built body. He never looks in her direction and she wonders if she’s not attractive enough. She sighs sadly and sits on the bench. She wishes she could have those strong arms around her waist, to have those full lips whisper sweet nothings to her.

She wishes he would just…talk to her.

*Heart*

He is feeling drowsy and tries not to fall asleep. He knows she will leave soon and he can feel his heart breaking. He wishes he could say something to her, but wonders if she is just as alone as he is. However, he is jerked to reality as he watches the scene before him. His son and her daughter are playing in the same sandbox and to his surprise, his boy leans close to place a soft kiss on the pretty girl’s lips.

“I like you!” His boy says.

He blushes in embarrassment and lifting his gaze to meet the beautiful blue ones he had always admired from afar, he sees something in them that gives him so much hope. They smile shyly at each other and he finally gets to his feet, walking towards her with a dream to fulfill.



** Image ID #1094525 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2006 iKïyå§ama (UN: satet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iKïyå§ama has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422022