*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/423270-Go-back-to-Kindergarten
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#423270 added May 3, 2006 at 12:53pm
Restrictions: None
Go back to Kindergarten!
Do any of you remember the book “All I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten”? Although I haven’t read it in years, many of its tenants I still remember. For instance, to always be polite.

I know some people who need to go back to Kindergarten, because that lesson didn’t stick.

Yesterday I received a phone call from a county commissioner who asked I send him a drawing. No problem. I asked for specifics, and he proceeded to tell me that no matter what the drawing shows, he’s in charge and whatever he decides will be set in stone. Even if he doesn’t get the drawing when he needs it, he will be at the construction site with his transit, and he will set those points at whatever elevation he decides, no arguments.

Understand here, I’m the drafter on this project. I had zero influence on the design.

(A little background info: This is for a new boat ramp giving public access to the Missouri River.)

What a nightmare when the county commissioners, city commissioners, county engineers and parks & recreation bigwigs get into pissing contests and decide they know better than the engineering firm hired to design the damned thing.

*Taking a deep breath*

But even that’s not the point. He had no cause to be a [censored] to me about anything. I’ve never before met the man, or had even talked to him on the phone before. A simple, “Hey, could you send me this drawing by such & such a time?” Sure. I'd be happy to. If he had been super nice, I might have even dropped whatever I was doing and get it to him immediately.

I don’t care if you’re having a bad day. I don’t care if other people have screwed you around. I haven’t, so be nice. You’ll get a better response and far more respect from me.

I certainly won’t use any impolite adjectives to describe you to other people, and not just scream them inside this echoing chamber I call my mind.

Okay. I’m done. I’m happy and smiley now that I purged that out of my system!

Thanks for enduring this rant with me!

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/423270-Go-back-to-Kindergarten