*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/424700-Opportunity-for-Change
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#424700 added May 9, 2006 at 11:21am
Restrictions: None
Opportunity for Change
12 Jamal 163 B.E. – May 8 - 9 2006 A.D.

The Opportunity for Change

“It's not only that we can make a difference,
it's that we do make the difference.
The kind of change we make is up to us.
Each and every one of us has the power to heal or to hurt,
to be the hero or the destroyer ~
with every moment, with every breath of every day".
Julia Butterfly Hill, from One Makes the Difference


The power word for today is opportunity (May 9, 2006). Essentially people have the power to change things in their life for the positive or the negative. If a person wants to make a change, that person must look at the patterns of his or her thoughts and change the negative thought patterns to positive one. In addition, our thoughts are the reasons we either take action or refuse to take action.

The exercise is to look for the hidden opportunities for positive change. My thoughts have been negative lately and seem to be getting more negative. I let the situation influence the way I think and, as a result take things too personally. Just because the world kicks me in the teeth doesn’t mean that it is out to get me, the world is not out to get me rather it’s out to get everyone who thinks negatively. It is interesting that Christin (tcsnyder@agtelco.com) said, “Opportunities are found by those who are empowered enough to recognize them, and strong enough in their faith to take a chance at a new way of doing things.” If ones thoughts are negative then one doesn’t take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves, in fact sometime the opportunities aren’t even recognized as opportunities. So today, I will look for the hidden opportunities for change and see what happens.


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/424700-Opportunity-for-Change