*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/425529-It-Never-Rains-But-It-Pours
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#425529 added May 12, 2006 at 6:00pm
Restrictions: None
It Never Rains But It Pours
I think Sod and Murphy have decided to visit again. Yesterday, my friend Joy and I shopped then sat in the sunshine by the canal in Nottingham, supping wine and putting the world to rights. A welcome break from the humdrum and stresses of daily life. It's not often I get the chance to spend a day away from responsibilities and worries.

Little did I know that during my absence my father had another black out and hubby was called out to deal with the problem. A case of down to earth with a bang when I returned. Hubby kindly drove him to the docs, who seemed to think dad's balance is being affected by some ear problems and syringed them. He seems okay if a little more fragile today, but it worries me after his last bout of falls put him in hospital for over a month. We are supposed to be going on holiday in three weeks and I'm now on tenterhooks in case things start getting worse on the parent front. This growing old business really isn't much fun.

My mother apparently was rather perturbed that I wasn't at home yesterday. She was upset to think I wasn't going up to see her on her birthday. Thank goodness hubby pointed out to her it wasn't her birthday until today. Oh well, at least she remembered it was sometime this week so look on the bright side as Nada so wisely advised in her blog today.

I've taken her cards and presents today and I guess to reach 82 years young is an achievement in itself, even if she's not quite got the memory of an elephant these days. We celebrated by doing part of a horrible jigsaw of Winston Churchill. lol Strange how she remembers the war so well but literally can't remember what happened yesterday. I realise it's not uncommon in old age but it's all very sad.

So, it's not been the best 24 hours and now my favourite and the best competitor on American Idol has gone. *Cry* I'm no expert but I think American voters have strange tastes. It's okay, you can whack me round the head. I could do with being knocked out for a day or two and the other way I know of doing that contains far too many calories.


© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/425529-It-Never-Rains-But-It-Pours