*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/425572-Is-It-A-Clue
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#425572 added May 12, 2006 at 11:28pm
Restrictions: None
"Is It A Clue?"
         That's what Kenzie and I are wondering now. She and her son Derek are in Colorado for her niece's wedding. And Thursday night, when she called, she said that the thin air at that altitude, and the dryness in the air seem to make a difference in at least one of her pains - her back. They'd arrived there on Wednesday evening, so they'd been there about 24 hours. The change? For only the second time in her life since her back pain had started about 20 years ago or so, it was completely gone. She said the only other time she had been completely free of that pain was when she was in the hospital and on morphine. We'll see if any of the back pain returns before she leaves there Sunday afternoon.
         For those who are now wondering, yes, there's a down side. She also said that that Thursday morning when she first awakened, she felt as if she'd been run over by a semi. Everything hurt - literally - EXCEPT her back. And she had the first nosebleed she'd had in many, many years. So yes, the thin air and dryness were playing with her pains; but it wasn't all good news.
         We only talked briefly tonight, I'm hoping for another call tomorrow sometime so I can ask her about the back pain, and more.
         As for me, my pains are normal. My lower legs are killing me right now (11:25 P.M. Friday night). I'll be going to bed shortly after I enter this. I took the Nortriptylene about an hour ago so it should kick in almost anytime. We'll have to see what tomorrow brings for both Kenzie and me. Cold, damp air could well make me miserable, and my daughter has a soccer game at 1:00 P.M. Sheesh. Well, that, and how Kenzie feels tomorrow will be covered next time. I'm off to bed.

© Copyright 2006 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/425572-Is-It-A-Clue