*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/426603-Technology
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1101898
For every dark cloud, there is a silver lining. Does anyone has change for mine?
#426603 added May 17, 2006 at 11:55pm
Restrictions: None
Technology
Does anyone remember the years before Internet or cell phones?

My wife went back to China to visit her family, and she found out that her Cingular Wireless cell phone actually works there. It was not so just a year ago. She can call any local number just as a local cell phone, and I can call her cell phone just by dial the number here in the U.S.

Wow!

So I am back to my question, does anyone remember the years before Internet or cell phones? I sure don't anymore.

It finally happened! There is no escape! When you cannot escape your life when you go to China, you are hooked and linked everywhere!

Hopefully my boss does not know that yet. I am scheduled to join my wife and kids next month, and I really really do not want to get a phone call on the top of the Great Wall and was told that they had a problem with the code I wrote for our most important client.

Then I will be obliged to go to the nearest computer café, which is probably just by the parking lot, receive a couple of e-mails I can get through my hotmail account, and spend the next several hours, instead of admiring the ancient technology marvel, cursing the latest technology advance.

Oh boy! I need to set my vacation destination further out. Anyone has any good ideas? How about North Pole? A bit cold. And Santa probably has a DSL connection. How else can he get all those e-mails from kids? How about Iraq? As long as I stay away from the green zone, I will be fine. *Rolleyes* I can always get a AK-47 and shoot out the nearest cell phone tower. *Confused*

And how many people around the world are watching the NBA Dallas vs. San Antonio game? When I am finished here, I can check out the blogs online discussing the game, in both English and Chinese.

The earth is getting crowded here. No wonder those big shots with tons of money are trying to check the flight to moon.

Of course, I can always get a beer and shut off the cell phone. *Bigsmile*
Cheers!


© Copyright 2006 JoshCham (UN: joshcham at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JoshCham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/426603-Technology