*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/427669-Trade-Show
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1101898
For every dark cloud, there is a silver lining. Does anyone has change for mine?
#427669 added May 22, 2006 at 11:58pm
Restrictions: None
Trade Show
I am dedicating this entry of my blog to the following phrase:
"Whip cream on toad."
(OK, for the 18+ readers please substitute the "oa" with "ur" to have a more dramatic affect)

Hugh! The phase has been stuck in my head for the whole day, and now let's see if by writing it out, I can forget about it.

The whole story started when I am going to do a trade show with my boss, and my boss's boss, and my boss's boss's partners.

They liked to do a theme for the show every year. Basically, it summons up to be the whole bunch of guys will dress up in very colorful T-shirts to attract customers. In truth, I think it is all about the office manager (Who was a girl with wonderful sense of humor) wanted to see how hilarious we will be when we dressed up like peacock and flamingos.

The case in point, this time, we will be wearing Pink, Tangerine and Red shirts for the three days.

OK. In my wardrobe, if there is anything red or pink, it is usually blood! It is not even going to wine stain! Because I am not going to wear anything with the color hue outside of the cold color zone! The blood stained shirt was either a badge of honor to prove my bravery, or more likely a smelly reminder of my stupidity.

On top of everything else, we are supposed to wear cowboy hats and boots to stand in a trade show that will last 12 hours everyday!

I am REALLY looking forward to next year now. Maybe they will have a "Flintstone" theme. I will be "Bam Bam" with a big stick! And I am going to test that stick by cracking open some heads!

When I called up my wife to inform her of my new set of outfits, she just said, "Bring back some pictures. Maybe you will look good in them."

That is when the wonderfully crude "Whip cream on t..d" expression first popped up in my head.

I don't like to dress up. Not for anyone, not for anything. Going to church, weddings, funerals, OK, I will wear suit and tie, but that is it. A person should shine from within, with his knowledge, his wisdom, his humor and his soul. Then, only then, he can dress up, and not being a hypocrite. But chances are, he will not be interested in the wardrobe anymore.

Look at Gandhi. He started of as a impeccably dressed English lawyer, and by the end of his life, he was like an old Indian peasant. And yet, who will deny the ascension of his soul?

So, let's see "Whip cream on toad." That is what I will be tomorrow. However, after length debating, the pink shirt along with the cowboy boots and hats are out!

Thank God! Let me tell you, out of 2 billion Asians, only Jackie Chen can look OK in cowboy hats. And that pair of boots just reminds me of high heels.

To all the cowboys out there owns a pair of boots, please tell me if it is the boots or the jeans make you walking like a barrel stuck between your legs?

*Laugh*
Whip cream on toad, my friends, maybe I will change my handle to this phase.

Maybe not.


© Copyright 2006 JoshCham (UN: joshcham at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JoshCham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/427669-Trade-Show