*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428182-Laughter-in-Life
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1033101
Many stories are being told about climbing a mountain; this one's about faith.
#428182 added May 25, 2006 at 8:16pm
Restrictions: None
Laughter in Life
When I was a boy of seven or eight years, my mom would always remind me to always close my mouth when I was in public. Well, I had this habit of having an half-open mouth when listening to somebody, especially when that somebody is talking to an audience. Mom warned that something might enter into my mouth accidentally or some insect might make its crash landing. She said we had no money for a doctor.

I remember, on one occasion, when I was in the elementary grade performing as one of the seven dwarfs, we were riding on top a float, and while people were joyously watching us, I saw one of the audience along the road my mom, and she was motioning her finger to her mouth, meaning she was instructing me from afar that it was time for me to close my mouth. I did, slowly. I did not want my “co-dwarfs” to notice that my mom was instructing me to close my mouth.

In one of our commencement exercises, again I was one of the seven dwarfs. We were dressing up (our costumes) in public – I can’t remember why - meaning we did it in front of the live audience. One of my co-dwarfs was having a hard time inserting his socks. I was the first one to speak, and when I did so, I didn’t notice he was not yet through with his socks, so he shouted to the top of his voice, “WA PA GANI”, in dialect meaning “It’s not yet time.” The people, mostly composed of parents, roared into laughter. The show served its real purpose, a comedy.



© Copyright 2006 Alimohkon (UN: manabanski at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Alimohkon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428182-Laughter-in-Life