*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428678-A-Mini-Vacation
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1110603
Snapshots and ventings. Welcome to the life of slaving over a ten-month-old boy.
#428678 added May 26, 2006 at 7:32pm
Restrictions: None
A Mini Vacation
For the first time since Cameron was born, I have four days off in a row. I could hardly believe it when I saw my schedule, and I cannot TELL you how excited I am. For starters, I will actually get to spend three full days with Matthew - I can't remember the last time THAT happened - and we're going to go to the movies, have dinner at my parents' house, and have lots of sex. And not necessarily in that order.

I saw The DaVinci Code last weekend, and thought it was a decent movie. Granted I had already read the book, so I knew how it was going to end, but I liked how they brought it all together, and connected the present with the past. Tomorrow we're going to see Over the Hedge with my brother and law and niece. Since I was laughing at the previews, I'm hoping that the movie will be entertaining.

You know, I'm not the kind of person who needs a lot from movies. I just want something that will keep me interested, comfortable and happy. I don't want to be freaked out, or squirming, or burying my face in Matthew's shoulder. I want to laugh and relate and have a good time. I'm talking about The Family Stone, RV, and even Fun with Dick and Jane. Matthew, on the other hand, wants to go see Hostel and Saw II and Silent Hill. I can't help it: I shiver at the thought.

Diana told me that I'm just turning into a full-blown mother - I'm turning into OUR mother! I swatted her away, and once she was gone I couldn't help but agree. I have my mother's taste in movies now, I have her bedtime, I even catch myself talking like her. I suppose it was inevitable. It's not like my mom's a bad person, or even dorky, it just makes me feel older than I am. And that I don't like - it's weird enough that my own man has ten years on me. I don't need to act older myself.

KEEP THE YOUTH!

© Copyright 2006 Drina Kyle (UN: drina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Drina Kyle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428678-A-Mini-Vacation