*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/429353-Back-to-the-Daily-Grind
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1110603
Snapshots and ventings. Welcome to the life of slaving over a ten-month-old boy.
#429353 added May 29, 2006 at 8:02pm
Restrictions: None
Back to the Daily Grind
The long weekend is coming to a close, and I must say that tomorrow couldn't come too soon. Three days of Matthew and I just getting to be parents, and not having to worry about work or money or anything else was... blissful. Cameron's sitting in his round-about chair walking around in a circle - whining and whining - and I'm having a hard time blocking him out. It's about time for a nap (I wish for one, too), but not just yet.

I saw Over the Hedge, and it was just as good as I thought it would be. My five-year-old niece liked it, but I thought it had too many adult jokes in it. I understand that the movie was trying to cater to both kids and their parents, but it technically IS a kids' film, so that kind of bothered me. Overall, though, it was cute and funny.

On the upside of work, money is no longer stressing me out. When Cameron was a newborn, it was all I could think about. The creditors were calling every hour, and we just didn't have any money. For about five months now we've been current on everything, and we are both stable in our jobs, so I am finally resting easy.

Of course, now that I'm not worrying about that, the empty Worry space is now filled by the fact that I hate my job and utterly wish that I could be a stay-at-home mom. Now that we have enough money to survive, I wish that we had MORE money so that only one of us had to work:)

Go figure.

© Copyright 2006 Drina Kyle (UN: drina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Drina Kyle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/429353-Back-to-the-Daily-Grind