*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428848-
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #1111428
Jamie, the new Superboy, helps residents of a community that is stricken by a hurricane.
#428848 added May 27, 2006 at 3:43pm
Restrictions: None
H U R R I C A N E G R E G O R Y– Part 9
When they landed in the front yard of Madison’s foster parents’ home, Superboy walked Madison up to the front door.

“Thank you so much, Superboy…” Madison said, as he opened the door.

Superboy smiled. You’re more than welcome, Madison! I got to go now. See you next time, Madison…”

“Superboy?” Madison asked the caped boy sadly. “Will I ever see you again?”

Superboy walked up to the boy and rested his hands on the boy’s shoulders.

“Yes, you will see me again, soon… I promise! Let’s shake on it, OK, Madison.” They did so.

Madison grinned, as he watched Superboy’s leap into the sky.

“Woah!” Madison murmured. “He’s awesome!”

Finally, Madison turned around and walked into the house, closing the front door behind him.

* * *

Superboy quickly flew over to the Daily Planet building... When he spotted Clark Kent through the outside window, he gently tapped on the window.

Clark stood up and opened the window, admitting the young Superboy to fly through the window.

“Daddy… Can I become a mentor?” Superboy asked his father. “I met a kid in the comic book store, and I was wondering if I could mentor him…”

“Sure!” Clark replied, as he got behind the computer. “As a matter of fact, I got an email about mentoring foster kids just last week! Let me look it up for you…”

Clark pulled up the email message and printed it out for his son. Superboy gave him Madison Johnson’s name. Clark proceeded to sign up Jamie as a mentor for the boy.

After a brief visit, Superboy leaped out the window and flew back home.

He landed on the balcony. He opened the sliding glass door and stepped into the house. He immediately raced over to his bedroom, where he overheard Wes and Greg.

“Look, Greg. You’re not really such a bad kid. But, you’re loud, rude, and obnoxious! And you’re just way too wild. And you’re endangering Jamie! You’re going to get him in big trouble some day.

“That’s not true! I care a lot about Jamie…” Greg retorted.

“What’s going on here?” Jamie asked them. “Is this why you sent me away?”

Wesley looked at Jamie in shock.

“You two are fighting about me? Stop! Please! I don’t want you guys fighting about me.”

“Look, Jamie! I’m trying to look out for you! Greg has gotten you in trouble too often…” Wesley explained.

“He doesn’t want us to see each other anymore!” Greg shouted, while pointing at Wesley. “He wants us to break up our friendship…”

“Stop it!” Jamie cried, his eyes glistening with unshed tears. “Stop it, please! Don’t make me choose between my big brother and my best friend! Please! Both of you; stop!”

Both Gregory and Wesley stared at Jamie shame faced. They could see how much they were hurting him. They immediately toned down their heated exchange.

“Sorry, Jamie,” Greg said, in a lower voice. “I didn’t mean to upset you.”

“Here! Here are the comic books…” Jamie said, as he handed the bag to Wesley.

“I’m sorry, little bro…” Wesley said, feeling deeply ashamed. “I’m sorry if I hurt you…”

“Why can’t you two be friends?” Jamie wondered out loud.

“Sorry, bro… This is my fault…” Wesley said softly. “I’ll try harder to be friends with Gregory.”

Wesley then turned to Greg.

“I wish there was a way I could help you understand what kind of a responsibility this boy, your FRIEND, is carrying. If there was any way for you to become a super hero yourself, then you’d understand… On the other hand, I really wonder if you could handle the responsibility yourself…”

Wesley slowly walked out of Jamie’s bedroom, closing the door behind him.

Jamie just stared at Gregory with a deep expression of concern on his face.

“Hey, cheer up, super dude!” Greg grinned, as he walked up to the shorter Superboy, while placing his hands on the caped boy’s broad shoulders.

“We’re going to the beach next week, and you’re invited to come along!” Greg explained to Superboy. “We’ll be visiting my grandma. She has this little store in Gulf Breeze. We’ll just go swimming every day, and we’ll have some fun before school starts! Doesn’t that sound cool to you?”

“Thanks, Greggy!” Superboy replied. “I really love it that I can just be myself when I hang out with you. I just hope you and Wes can get along from now on. It just bothers me to see you guys arguing… It hurts me, especially when you guys are arguing over me!”

“I’ll do my best to steer clear of any arguments with Wesley…” Greg assured him. “I don’t want to say or do anything to bum you out. Come on; let’s play a video game…”

Jamie changed out of his Superboy outfit and put on a t-shirt and shorts, before joining Greg at the video game console.

One week later, Jamie stared out the window from the back seat of the large, burgundy SUV as it sped down the highway towards the coast. Normally, he could fly the same distance within just a few minutes, if he really wanted to. But, this was an opportunity for him to be a “normal” kid for a whole week, while he spent time with Greg and his family in Gulf Breeze, Florida.

To be continued


My website contains my works of science fiction and fantasy.

Check out my website at http://www.superfantasystories.com
© Copyright 2006 scriptboy (UN: scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
scriptboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428848-