*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428871-
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #1111428
Jamie, the new Superboy, helps residents of a community that is stricken by a hurricane.
#428871 added May 27, 2006 at 3:58pm
Restrictions: None
H U R R I C A N E G R E G O R Y– Part 30
“What are you talking about, Clark? Greg has super powers? You mean like Superman and Superboy?” Herb asked him.

“That’s impossible. How could you possibly think my Greggy is anything like Superboy?” Amy wondered out loud.

“Well, you see, Greg was with Jamie and Wesley. He had just picked up what he thought might be a meteorite, when it was struck by lightening. What he found WAS in fact a meteorite. It featured traces of both Kryptonite and Zyrtonium. You see, Zyrtonium affects Jamie the same way Kryptonite does me and Wesley, my oldest son.”

“Kryptonite? I thought Superman was the only person who was affected by that! What does that have to do with you and Jamie and Wesley?” Amy asked him.

“Well, actually, both Kryptonite and Zyrtonium are toxic to anyone. But Kryptonite is far MORE toxic to Kryptonians and Zyrtonium is far more toxic to Zyrtonians than either would be to Terrans. It takes sustained exposure to adversely affect Terrans. But exposure to even relatively small amounts would lethal to Kryptonians and Zyrtonians after only a very short time.”

Both Herb and Amy glanced at each other. They were very confused. Why was Clark telling them all this? He wasn’t making any sense!

“Amy, Herb, what I am about to tell you would put my family, in grave jeopardy if this gets out. I am putting the fate of my family in your hands, with what I am about to share with you.” Clark said in a serious tone of voice.

Both Herb and Amy held their breath.

“You know Jamie, my youngest son…” Clark said.

“Why, of course we do! Jamie is over at here, visiting Greg, all the time! Those boys are best friends! They’re inseparable!” Amy replied.

“Then you’ll be pleased to know, that Jamie is Superboy.”

Both Amy and Herb stared at Clark in shock; both of them had their mouths wide open.

“But, if Jamie’s Superboy and he is your son, then… That means that you… You’re…”

“Yes, Amy, I am Superman.” Clark said gravely.

Amy and Herb gazed at him in shock. They sat in stunned silence for nearly a minute.

Amy stuttered, “But… Why are you telling this to us? And what does that have to do with my son, Greggy?”

“Greggy has been wearing a special ring off and on. Jamie loans it to him now and again. It was made of Kryptonian materials utilizing Kryptonian technology. Jamie has an identical ring, which he wears all the time. When Greg wears his ring, and he’s in line of sight with Jamie, then he has the same powers as Jamie. Greggy was helping my sons with post-hurricane cleanup while down in Florida, when they were struck by lightening” Clark explained.

“Wow…” Herb gasped softly.

“Both Jamie and Greg were wearing their power rings. And then Greg found that meteorite, which contained traces of Kryptonite and Zyrtonium. After he’d picked it up, he was struck by lightening. The meteorite shattered and peppered all three boys with the fragments. Jamie and Wes went down immediately. Greggy not only gains a good measure of Jamie or Wes’ powers when he’s is linked to either one of them, while wearing his power ring. He also gains their vulnerability to Kryptonite or Zyrtonium. Greggy realized that almost immediately, so he pulled his ring off his finger, and the weakness left him almost immediately, as did his powers. He was back to normal, or so he thought. Jamie was dressed in his Superboy costume at the time. Greggy quickly appropriated Jamie’s cape and used it to bundle up the meteorite fragments and haul them away from my boys. But then, the weakness came back to him. Greggy had gotten the rocks far enough away from Wes and Greg that they quickly recovered. But then, even without the ring on his finger, Greggy too was struck down by the Zyrtonium. He’d managed to crawl about another five meters away from the bundle he’d dropped before he passed out. When Jamie and Wes came to, they found Greggy face down in the grass. They took him to your mother who put him to bed straightaway. By his quick thinking and resourcefulness, Greggy probably saved Wes and Jamie’s lives as well as his own. He was a hero that day. And now with his new powers, he has all the makings of a SUPER hero!”

Both parents gazed open mouthed at Greg, as he sat on the sofa next to Clark.

Herb said to his son, “Greggy, you’ve known all this time about Jamie and Mister Kent; that they’re Superboy and Superman, and you never told us. You kept that to yourself. And what happened down in Gulf Breeze, happened right under our noses...”

Herb shifted his gaze to Clark. “I’ve always loved my son dearly. But Amy and I have raised this boy from a pup and, come to find out, there’s more to him than either of us ever dreamed.”

Herb turned back to Greg. “Son, I am so proud of you for guarding the Kent’s secret. And I’m very proud of your quick thinking down in Gulf Breeze with that meteorite. Mister Kent is right. You really are a hero!”

Greggy looked to his dad for reassurance. “So you’re not mad at me, Dad?”

Herb was mildly surprised at Greggy’s question. He hastened to reassure his son.

“No, son; of COURSE not! Your mom and I are very proud of you!”

Greg got up from the sofa and stepped over to his dad who stood and embraced his son. Greg, very much in control of his powers and, mindful of Clark’s warning, was careful not to hug his dad too tightly; but with just the right amount of pressure one might have expected from a normal boy his age. Greggy’s finesse was not contrived. He did it easily, naturally. And then he hugged his mom in turn.

“That is just so incredible!” Amy remarked cautiously. “So, what happens next? What does that mean for Gregory? What will happen to my son?”

Clark nodded. “I understand your concerns. Your lives will never be quite the same from now on, now that your son is a super boy. He’ll need you both now more than ever. Just because he has more power in his young frame than all the combined armies on the planet, indeed, more power even than me…”

Herb interrupted. “Clark! Wait a minute! You’re telling me that Greggy is stronger than Superman?”

To be continued


My website contains my works of science fiction and fantasy.

Check out my website at http://www.superfantasystories.com
© Copyright 2006 scriptboy (UN: scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
scriptboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428871-