*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/429081-Lost-in-Liverpool---Part--Two
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#429081 added April 30, 2014 at 12:03pm
Restrictions: None
Lost in Liverpool - Part Two
It was three in the morning. The parents and more mature members of the group had collapsed into bed after a night on the town, praying all their hangovers would be little ones.

The last act had left the stage at The Cavern several hours ago and the group 'For This Day,' along with the younger, hardier fans had moved on to sample the bars and nightclubs of the area. Scarlett was pleased to hear she'd missed her son and friend attempting to sing 'Daydream Believer' at a nearby Karaoke bar.

During the walk to a nightclub Craig, the group's keyboard player/ vocalist, ex-pupil of Scarlett and best buddy of her son found himself seperated from the rest of the youngsters. Unable to remember where they were heading or the name of the hotel he was staying at, he placed himself at the mercy of a local businessman, who kindly offered to take him back to the hotel he was staying at and order him a taxi.

After reaching the posh hotel, the gentleman told Craig to sit in the lobby and watch television while he waited for the taxi. Craig did as he was asked, then promptly fell asleep. An hour later he was woken by a member of staff and informed his taxi had arrived. Still very sleepy and inebriated Craig tried to decribe the hotel he was staying at to the taxi driver. Not very successfully by all accounts. After a tour of several Liverpool hotels the driver threatened to drop him at the docks and make him swim the river and find his own way back to Nottingham. Great sense of humour these Liverpudlians.

Eventually, the right hotel was located and the driver kindly charged Craig the minimum fee. Completely forgetting he needed his room card to access entry into the hotel, Craig discovered the doors were locked. After knocking up a member of staff, he finally staggered into the hotel around five in the morning.

Opening the door of his room he discovered his roommate (my son) asleep, fully dressed on top of the bed, a Kit-Kat in one hand and a can of beer in the other. Obviously very concerned about the welfare of his best mate - not.

By some miracle, we all managed breakfast on time and although a little more subdued than the previous evening, managed a few laughs before setting off to further explore the city of Liverpool. More about that next time; bet you can't wait can you?





My son Paul, Craig and friends enjoying the sunshine in the centre of Liverpool.



The majestic old Liver Building, famous for its mythical 'Liverbirds' topping the towers. One looking out to sea for sailors, the other looking over the city for bars.







© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/429081-Lost-in-Liverpool---Part--Two