*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/429116-Discovering-Personal-Style
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #1109743
Writing and avoiding writer's block requires constant creativity.
#429116 added May 28, 2006 at 6:10pm
Restrictions: None
Discovering Personal Style
         This morning despite the desperate plea of my flesh to stay put in bed, my husband and I decided to get up early enough to go to Sunday School. Like most families, it is hard to get everyone in gear at the same time and make it anywhere on time. My husband is very adamant about punctuality. He is always on time and likes for everyone else to be as well. It is a pet peeve that I am constantly treading on.
         My pastor has been urging us to attend Sunday School due to the fact that all the Sunday school classes are going through the "Network" book. I'm unsure as to the exact name, but basically it is to help you discover what your Spiritual gifts are and how you can use them in serving.
         Through this book I have learned the obvious: I am gifted in the area of Creative Communication, Craftsmanship, Wisdom, and Helps. But today, we discussed personal style.
         It was interesting to watch the other couples point to each other whenever there was a comment made. Even my husband and I were sitting there nudging each other in the ribs going, that's you to a "T."
         For instance, my husband is a structured person, meaning he likes everything in order. (Didn't get that from the punctuality remark?} And I am an unstructured person. I prefer to play it by ear, no plan, just fly by the seat of my pants.
         I am a people/unstructured, I like dealing with people, interacting with people. He is a task/structured. He prefers lists and goals. Funny how we are on the opposite ends of the spectrum from each other. But this is our personal styles, this is how we prefer to use our gifts.
         I prefer to be out front doing and performing, and he shies away from the limelight and prefers working behind the scenes. Now if I can just figure out how to do it and not get stagefright.
         Anyhow, I learned something about my husband today that I sort of knew all along. While I am a free spirit and I prefer to glide through life like a butterfly floating here and there, my husband is the anchor that keeps us all in line. He is the one who says, "We need a plan," and he never understands why I never have an idea about what we are having for dinner, or what I want to eat. Now he knows it's because, I like to work it out and see what happens, leaving things up to chance.
         I learned a long time ago that things happen best when left up to chance. While my husband may have had it in his head that the day he walked into my office, he was going to ask me out, I said yes because, I was hungry. I wasn't looking for a date, I just figured, what the heck. I'm hungry and he said he was taking me out for dinner. Wonder what would have happened had I not been unstructured and a people person.



© Copyright 2006 Finding my Path (UN: mbishop25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Finding my Path has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/429116-Discovering-Personal-Style