*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/429557-One-of-those-days
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #1109743
Writing and avoiding writer's block requires constant creativity.
#429557 added May 30, 2006 at 12:38pm
Restrictions: None
One of those days
         Today I'm feeling kind of AAUUGGHH!
         It's one of those days where it is hard to get any of the creative juices flowing. I've thought about going in to the sewing room and finishing up a project, scrapbooking photos from Christmas, or even playing a little music. More than likely though, I will probably end up sitting down and reading a book.
         I've been trying to read "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix." It's one of my son's books that someone gave him for his birthday one year. He was given a book because at the time he loved to read, but he never read it. He did read some, but it mostly got put by the wayside and forgotten about.
         Me, I am an avid reader. I love to go to the thrift stores and find books that intrigue me. If I find a good classic, I will purchase it and read it over and over. Perhaps I could go to the library, but I prefer purchasing and placing it upon my shelf in hopes that my children will also feel as passionate about the written word as I do.
         For now, that hope is a distant dream. They dislike reading, they detest writing, and their creativity is only found in newer ways to destroy the house.
         My husband wandered into their bedroom to clean (he's a clean freak!) and was surprised at the state of the bedroom. My boy's idea of cleaning is to shove everything under the bed. My husband went into shock at the sight of it, as he found it appalling and ridiculous. But I couldn't say anything. I remember those days, when I think I did the same.
         My unorganized mess and chaos to others, is my perfect filing system. I know where each thing is and if someone comes in and moves something, I know it instinctively and throws the whole thing out of balance. Freaky, huh? But i prefer the process of creating, not the cleaning.
         Sometimes though, I just have to clean up. To clear my mind and prepare for the next thing. So we cleaned up this weekend, and today I feel AAAUUUUGGGGHHH! I just have to scream! I'm stuck in a rut, and nothing wants to process it's way through. My characters are in place, waiting, anticipating what they should do next, and I have no clue.
         I know the ending, I know how I want it to end, but this is the climax. It is just hanging there, waiting to be let loose, and I really want for it to be dramatic. So now I need to process through what should happen, how it needs to happen, and maneuver it to get the end result that I want.
         I think I will just go and read a book.

My Hobbies' Home
Handmade by Martha
http://www.handmadebymartha.esmartdesign.com


© Copyright 2006 Finding my Path (UN: mbishop25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Finding my Path has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/429557-One-of-those-days