*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/429964-Bonus-Challenge
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#429964 added June 1, 2006 at 3:06am
Restrictions: None
Bonus Challenge!!!
16 Azamat 163 B.E. – May 31 – June 1, 2006 A.D.

Laura, a lane, a defile, a type of monastery this is only part of the definition I got when I went to www.dictionary.com and input the word Laura. There is a lot more of course, part of the definition had to do with the cells or hermitages that those who withdraw from society for religious reasons inhabit. These hermits have to be under the leadership of the same authority or bishop and Laura seems to refer to an amount or a number. Atlantic on the other hand refers to a mare or sea and apparently has something to do with Mount Atlas, on which the heavens rest, supposedly located somewhere in west Africa, the side of that continent close to the Atlantic Ocean. All this information is nice, but what good is it if I don’t use it in some way.

My cousins and I played a game when we were children. In that game we took the first letters of our names and made up new names to go with that letter. The names that we made up weren’t usually considered names for people or animals, they were concepts we had heard of and the names were not gender specific. If I used the name Laura in that game it would become Lamp, Lantern, or Light.

Speaking of games and names, there is The Surrealist (http://thesurrealist.co.uk/). That website has some interesting games. One of the games is The Mechanical Contrivium. When I Consult the Contrivium about Laura I get …

Ten Top Trivia Tips about Laura!


*Shock*Ancient Greeks believe earthquakes were caused by Laura fighting underground!
*Reading*Early thermometers were filled with Laura instead of mercury.
*Angry*If you put a drop of liquor on Laura, she will go mad and sting herself to death!
*Rolleyes*Laura is the only one of the original Seven Wonders of the World that still survives!
*Smile*Ostriches stick their heads in Laura not to hide but to look for water!
*Smirk*Laura can pollinate up to six times more efficiently than the honeybee!
*Sick*Only one child in twenty will be born on the day predicted by Laura!
*Pthb*About one tenth of Laura is permanently covered with ice.
*Blush*Only fifty-five percent of men wash their hands after using Laura.
*Yawn*Peanuts and Laura are beans.

Another Surrealist game is finding a person’s spammer name. Blanche B. McPherson is the spammer name of Atlantic.



© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/429964-Bonus-Challenge