*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/430152
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #1097066
For all the rest of my Flash Fiction Entries
#430152 added June 1, 2006 at 4:46pm
Restrictions: None
Grandpa's Glasses
Prompt: Write about the disappearance of someone/something.
Word Count: 300
*Gift1*Honorable Mention*Gift1*

_____________


Little Alice McCormick was a smart girl and Mommy and Daddy were quite proud of her. She loved her parents dearly, but there was none she loved more than big, gruff Grandpa Charley.

Grandpa Charley was the nicest grandpa in the world. He always made her laugh with the funniest stories. He was handy too and made little fun toys for Alice in his woodshop. Sometimes, Grandpa Charley would read books to Alice and that was the best time of all. She loved to hear Grandpa Charley read. She sometimes felt she was taken to another world.

Today, she was eager to listen to another story and ran into Grandpa Charley’s room, but she became worried when she noticed he was looking quite distressed.

“What’s wrong, Grandpa?” she asked.

“Oh, Alice, dear Alice,” Grandpa said with a small smile. “I fear I cannot read a book to you today for I have lost my favorite reading glasses.”

Alice was very sad to hear that, but being a good little girl, she decided to help. “Let’s look for them together,” she said as she fell on her hands and knees to search beneath the sofa and the tables.

Pillows were tossed, cupboards ransacked. Down in the garden and into the woodshop, but Grandpa’s glasses were simply nowhere to be found.

"Oh dear." Grandpa sat down, with his head in his hands, and gave a mournful sigh.

Alice rose to her feet to hug him, when something caught her sharp blue eyes.

“Oh, silly Grandpa!” she cried with a happy little giggle. She stood on tiptoes to reach for something in his soft, white hair and held the glasses out to him. “Why, they've been sitting on your head all this time!”


© Copyright 2006 iKïyå§ama (UN: satet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iKïyå§ama has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/430152