*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/430355-Au-Revoir
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#430355 added April 30, 2014 at 12:13pm
Restrictions: None
Au Revoir
First a final word from me on the subject of 'handles.' It was not my intention to criticise or upset any member of WDC; those of you who know me well will realise that is the last thing I would do. My point was and I still stick to it, I do not believe two members should be allowed the same handle exactly. I realise user names are unique, but it is not the user name other readers see. I also realise the opportunity to change your handle on this site is also unique, but would argue that can lead to confusion and duplication. I had assumed, wrongly it seems, that once a handle had been chosen no one else could use it. Many, many times on other sites I have had to add an intitial or a number to a name I've chosen, to distinguish myself from other members. It's not the end of the world or of critical importance, but only last week I upgraded to premium membership and after having paid a lot of money to be on the site, I would have expected some uniqueness.

I still think every member at whatever level, has the right to their own, personal handle be it something as simple as 'John' or as original as 'Ifeelprettyinmypinkcocktaildress.' Obviously, with so many members it's unlikely we'll bump into another member with the same handle, so maybe it's making a mountain out of a molehill. But with the advent of the blog list, I can see possible problems. But, it's not my job to think it through or suggest any changes be made. I rather liked Erik Stark 's suggestion that a whole bunch of bloggers change their handles to the same name. Let's think...something like The Storymaster or Storymistress might do.

Maybe I should have taken up my own suggestion of changing my handle to 'Calamity Jane' as now my foot is sore from opening my mouth and putting it in there. Although there could already be six Calamity Janes on the site already for all I know. Seems the only answer to retaining some individuality is to study the whole list of authors and then think of something so absurd, no one would be able to pronounce it. Although there are already some of those too. I still maintain, without any offence intended, it's not right, but I'd better shut up now before I swallow my other foot.

Anyway, today has been a mad flurry of packing, sorting out the parents and doing all those last minute jobs you forget need doing before you can take a week away. As predicted sunshine has finally arrived in England and what is forecast tomorrow in Sardinia? You got it in one - rain. lol Our flight leaves at 7.00am Saturday morning and we need to be up before 4.00am to reach the airport. I've not decided whether it's worth going to bed or not, but this will be my last blog entry until we return. (Pause for cheers or collective sighs of relief)

Of course, my favourite duck 'Divine' is accompanying me and of course, my sister's twin duck 'Desirable,' has muscled in on the act. GAWD, they don't half squabble. I've decided too, as Damask, the PANK duck from California hasn't been far yet, she can come too. Wish me luck.

I shall miss all you guys and gals. *Cry* But a new notebook is packed just in case I have any flashes of brilliance. I suspect a pristine notebook may return, but you never know. Maybe I'll make some of those poetic notes like Kåre Enga in Montana or more likely have another tale of calamity to tell. I shall think of you all and wish you all a happy week doing whatever you do and blogging of course.

Be good. *Wink*






© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/430355-Au-Revoir