*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/430039-Stop-Thief
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#430039 added June 1, 2006 at 9:36am
Restrictions: None
Stop Thief
I returned from a day out with my friend Big Pam yesterday evening. Of course we'd shared a few wines and had a few giggles. The outing was in order to find a suitable red hat to wear at Ascot later this month. How can it be June already? But I digress.

The hat mission was unsuccessful - not one shop could offer a red hat at a reasonable price which looked nice or felt comfortable. I'm not paying the earth for something I'll probably only ever wear once. But of course the wine had mellowed my mood and on return I decided to have just one more while I checked out WDC.

I mentioned to my son the lack of hat for Ascot and he suggested looking on e-bay. So I spent half an hour on there perusing hats and eventually found one I thought suitable at a fifth of the price of those in our shops. Clever lad my son - what will I do without him? *Cry* But I digress.

I poured one more glass of wine and signed in to WDC. I looked at the blog list to see who'd been blogging and received quite a shock. Guess who was at the top of the blog list? You can't? Okay, give in? MOI!

Now, unless I'd drunk more than I realised or lost my memory I didn't remember making a blog entry in that half an hour I'd spent at the computer.

I clicked on the link and read the blog entry, which was so untypically me I was reassured I hadn't written it, but then who had pinched my blog and written a false entry in it?

I stared again - my name was still at the top of the list but now I noticed I seemed to have been demoted to a black case. What crime had I commited while I was out shopping? Had a moderator read my blog, decided I drink too much wine and punished me?

Slowly, the cogs started to grind and the penny finally clanked into place - IT WASN'T ME! I checked out the writer's portfolio and sure enough there is another SCARLETT on the site and she's just started a blog.

Now forgive me if this sounds petty or unreasonable but I strongly object to this. I can't remember how many sites I've joined and had to think up new handles because the ones I select have already been taken. Surely, this HAS to apply to this site too? The user name may be different but the handle is exactly the same as mine. And it seems this second Scarlett has been a member of WDC since March 2004.

I think I have to complain to someone and get something done about this. What if this writer gets promoted? How confusing to see two yellow-cased Scarletts on the blog list. (Perish the thought I hear you mutter lol) This surely can't be right and proper? What if it happens to others? Imagine a writing site with three Tors, five Nadas or ten CCs. *Shock*

I don't know if any moderator would be prepared to take this matter up for me or not, or whether others think it acceptable for two writers on the site to have the same handle. BUT I DO NOT!

I WANNA BE THE ONE AND ONLY SCARLETT. *Cry*

And seeing as I was here first I think I deserve to retain the handle. No malice intended towards the other one but I think she should be politely asked to alter her name in some way. What do you think? No rude answers please. *Pthb*

Until I am assured my title belongs only to moi I shall sulk and grump and cwy and whine. Oh please don't mention wine - I'm NEVER drinking it again. *Sick*

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/430039-Stop-Thief