*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431222-Chapter-Two-Into-the-Portal
Rated: GC · Book · Sci-fi · #1111813
What if you could go back and change things? Would you?
#431222 added June 5, 2006 at 8:15pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Two: Into the Portal
Claire stood before the strange hole and tried to think. Her instincts were telling her to be careful, but her curiosity was daring her to step through and see what might lie on the other side.

She debated with herself for a few minutes.

Ah, what the hell, you only live once!

Claire took a deep breath and stepped through the hole.


* * * * * * * * *


Looking around, she wondered where she was. The scenery was familiar, but a wave of nausea distracted her for a moment. Once the sick feeling had passed, she looked around again.

"Holy shit, I'm in Knopp Valley!" she gasped, out loud. "How the fuck did I get here?" Looking around, she noticed that it hadn't changed much over the years. It still looked exactly as it had when she moved there, when she was twelve years old.

She decided to go exploring. It would be fun to see her old house on Hillsdale Court again. Maybe the new owners would give her a tour. Feeling nostalgic, she headed up the steep hill.

"Wow, I forgot how steep this hill was. Boy, am I out of shape," she gasped, slowing down as she neared the driveway of her old house. Then, she stopped dead in her tracks. Her mouth dropped open in shock. She couldn't believe what she was seeing.









© Copyright 2006 Grandma Penguin needs help (UN: mspenguin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Grandma Penguin needs help has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431222-Chapter-Two-Into-the-Portal