*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/432472-Hunnies-Im-Home
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#432472 added February 20, 2013 at 12:27pm
Restrictions: None
Hunnies I'm Home
Well what sort of a week's holiday was that? I swear it only lasted ten minutes. Okay, so YES I do have loads of photos and the option to create albums now I've upgraded, so no doubt you'll be screaming 'OH NO, NOT Sardinia again,' after a few days. I also DID make some notes in my new book, some things 'sensed' and some quite amusing (I think) anecdotes, which I'll share once I've come back to earth.

Thanks for all your wonderful and hilarious comments; I have missed your zaniness a lot. Now, far be it from me to complain *Wink* but some unexpected things we return to from holiday just make me want to buzz off again. Like -

1. The weather. As predicted England has enjoyed a heatwave during our absence and if inside information is correct, this is due to end tomorrow. Are we born with great timing or do we acquire it?

2. Sons. Or just the one in my case. Conveniently out of earshot watching the England match in a pub, he can't hear my curses as I examine the disaster area which was my home before I left. Not sure how many parties, barbecues and guests he's entertained while we've been away, but think the clearing up may occupy me for the next decade. Don't you just love your kids?

3. Computers. Only 59 e-mails in my MSN box and 40 something on here and of course our top of the range, broadband-connection computer is running like a snail on valium and throwing wobblies. Maybe it's upset we deserted it for a week.*Pthb* I WILL try to get round to some blog catching-up in due course, but it's obviously going to take the rest of this life and possibly the next five.

4. Junk Mail. I still haven't opened the pile of post on the table, but I can tell very little of it is of any consequence. I AM however, absolutely delighted with my e-bay hat and the beautiful necklaces made by chalaedra Thank you so much. I now have the full outfit for Ascot, even if the handbag I bought in Sardinia means we may need to remortgage the house.

5. Lost property. I KNOW I bought and packed a jar of hot stuffed peppers for my dad but they are nowhere in my luggage. I can only think someone on Sardinian airlines has peppernapped them and if this is the case, I hope they taste horrible. *Pthb*

Okay, time to eat outside and enjoy the last of the glorious sunshine. And for those who are not familiar with the 'Hokey Cokey,' it's a daft dance people usually end up doing at the end of social occasions. You need to be totally inebriated before attempting it.

You put your left leg in...
Your left leg out...
In, out, In, Out,
You shake it all about.
You do the Hokey Cokey and you turn around...
That's what it's all about...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh hokey cokey cokey...
Ohhhhhhhhhhh hokey cokey cokey...
Ohhhhhhhhhhh hokey cokey cokey...
Knees bend, arms out, rah rah rah.

You get the gist I'm sure. lol

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/432472-Hunnies-Im-Home