*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/432735-What-Holiday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#432735 added June 11, 2006 at 7:50pm
Restrictions: None
What Holiday?
NOT talking about today. NOT mentioning the parents, the son or hubby grumps. NOT even contemplating discussing the weather, the diet, the world cup or the meaning of life. I just can't cope with all I need to catch up on ...oh look there's a chicken.

My son informs me the internet is suffering from overload due to people placing bets and researching the world cup. Football (soccer) is ruining my life it seems. My Sardinia photos are proving difficult to load and transfer when my computer is affected by the overload of football maniacs but I won't give up. Determination is a Leo quality isn't it Nada?

So for the moment I'll make lists.

Things I DIDN'T like about Sardinia.

1. The cool evenings. Not conducive to sitting outside in summer gear.

2. The hotel pools. Absolutely bloody freezing despite warm sunshine.

3. The definition of seafood. More on this later...bet you can't wait.

4. The coffee...I don't enjoy drinking mud.

5. The lack of access to blogs. To think I missed all the action and didn't have the chance to focus on...oh look there's a chicken.

Things I WUBBED about Sardinia.

1. The beaches, the sea, the unspoiled landscape and fabulous water.

2. The pizzas, pasta and ice cream - diet resumes tomorrow.

3. The people - so honest, humble and good-natured despite the language barrier.

4. The love of animals. No feral cats and pampered pooches on every street corner. Didn't see one neglected dog - wagging tails and wet noses speak volumes in any language.

5. No British influence. No MacDonalds, Karaoke, lager louts or football mania.

A wonderful island...photos soon...did I have to come back to the humdrum? SIGH Well, at least blogville offers diversions...Oh look there's a chicken.

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/432735-What-Holiday