*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/433460-Morning-Giggles
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#433460 added May 4, 2015 at 6:28am
Restrictions: None
Morning Giggles
I'm not by nature a morning person. But since the advent of the blog I do find myself in a better frame of mind anticipating the surprises in store as I enter the world of Blogville at the start of each day. Very often my face is forced to smile and I find myself chuckling at some hilarious entry that's been made while I'm sleeping. I'm pleased I didn't save partyof5dj's entry from yesterday until this morning though as I think I may have bust a gut. No, that was a gem from the night before and had me laughing for ages.

This morning however, I found myself giggling even before I signed in to WDC. A few years ago I won an honourable mention in The Annual Writer's Digest Competition - quite an achievement I'm told. Since then I've signed up for their Newsletters, although I admit I generally just scan them to save time. There was one in my MSN mailbox this morning and as I quickly scanned through it, I came across the following writing idea of the day -

'It's lunchtime and you have Chinese food delivered. At the end of your meal, you open your fortune cookie--but this fortune is different. It's the most shocking revelation you could ever imagine. What does your fortune say? And what is your reaction?

Please limit your response to 500 words or fewer.'

I don't know what made me click on the link to this but when I read the first response posted to it, I almost fell off my chair. To prove I'm not lying and so as not to spoil the surprise, I implore you to look for yourself. It will only take a second.

http://www.writersdigest.com/mbbs/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2892&posts=1

*Laugh*

I've managed to get FIVE more photos into my Sardinia folder which I'll try to put in here. I think you need to click on them to see the bigger picture. They were taken during a very enjoyable day trip to the Costa Smeralda.

} } } } }

© Copyright 2015 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/433460-Morning-Giggles