*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/433238-Here-We-Go-Then
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#433238 added July 21, 2018 at 2:09pm
Restrictions: None
Here We Go Then
I think I need a holiday. lol There's something about returning from one that wears me out and it's just seemed one long round of catching up with everything and trying to adjust to reality.

There was a little blip while we were away which doesn't suprise me too much, as I've mentioned before my family has perfect timing. It seems my mum had a bit of a health problem and my dad panicked and cancelled his cataract operation so she wasn't left alone. Not what I wanted to hear on return from our week away, but such is life.

Today she phoned to say she felt too weary and off colour to meet me, which was worrying as normally only hurricanes and the outbreak of war will prevent her from going out. I said I'd do a bit of shopping and wander up to their house. She wanted some England flags to hang from her windows - oh the shame of it. *Blush*

While I was in the town, an ambulance tore from the main road near to their home, sirens blaring and I convinced myself my mother was inside it. I know it sounds silly but I just seem to be a bundle of nerves lately with concerns about them. When I reached their house they were sitting in their chairs, watching the rained off Stella Artois tennis tournament on television and completely oblivious to my anxieties.

Living on a knife edge with the sword of Damocles over my head, you'd think I'd be a bit sharper wouldn't you? I think I need to join a society for the neurotic and paranoid. After I'd done a few jobs for them I set off for home and the heavens opened. Perfect timing again - enter one drowned rat.

Anyway, I finally managed to get my first few photographs into an album. It's only taken me three hours and I couldn't have done it without the aid of schipperke so a HUGE thank you to her. And if you get fed up of Sardinia photos every day, you know who to blame now. lol So, here's the start of my holiday which now seems a million light years away.

} } Invalid Photo #1039570


© Copyright 2018 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/433238-Here-We-Go-Then