*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/435442-Chapter-Eight-Uncertainty
Rated: GC · Book · Sci-fi · #1111813
What if you could go back and change things? Would you?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#435442 added June 22, 2006 at 4:12pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Eight: Uncertainty
Claire knew what was to happen next, of course, but wasn't sure what to do about it. She didn't want to change too much, but still...this was a very important part of her past. It helped shape who she became later.

"You owe me a dollar," she told them, knowing they didn't have it.
"Meet us down at the basketball later," Joe answered. "We'll give it to you then."

She nodded, resigned. Heading back to her bike, she paused. She knew what was coming next and wondered what, if anything, she should do about it.

Shaking her head, she got on her ten-speed and slowly headed back to her house. Joe and Dave got in front of her, again, forcing her to stop.

"Now what?" she asked, as if she didn't know.
"I bet you draw your pubic hair on with eyeliner," Joe grinned.
"No, I don't."
"We'll tell everyone you do, and that you showed us your boobs if you don't meet us down by the basketball court, tonight," was his response.

Claire sighed, again. "Fine, I'll be there. Don't forget my dollar this time." Oops! She blushed, slightly.
"This time?" Joe frowned.
"Nothing, I'm tired. See you guys later. About seven?"
"Fine, see you then," Joe smiled as the boys walked away.

Claire headed back to her house, desperately trying to think of what to do next. She wanted to make changes, but didn't want to drastically alter her future either. What if she made the wrong choice? She knew she would have to meet them, but should she still go to Janelle's and ask her to go with, for safety's sake?

Claire put her bike away in the garage and headed up to her room, avoiding her mom. Mom had always had a strange way of knowing when she had done something wrong. Lying down on her bed, she closed her eyes and tried to think.

© Copyright 2006 Grandma Penguin needs help (UN: mspenguin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Grandma Penguin needs help has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/435442-Chapter-Eight-Uncertainty