*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/435783-Waiting-Waiting-Waiting
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1110603
Snapshots and ventings. Welcome to the life of slaving over a ten-month-old boy.
#435783 added June 23, 2006 at 7:32pm
Restrictions: None
Waiting, Waiting, Waiting
Have you ever wondered when your baby was going to start something new? I was sitting on the floor with my son last night, and he was crawling around, exploring - just doing his thing - and I just couldn't help but sigh. When is he going to start walking? I thought. I know I should simply cherish every single moment, if for nothing else for the fact that he will never be that way again.

It seemed like he rolled and rolled for so long, and then all of a sudden he was crawling. Now he's been crawling for so long, and I can't help but wonder when he's finally going to take his first steps on his own. I'll examine him while he's walking along the couch: How is his balance? How adventurous does he seem? It seems like he's been ready to walk for a while now, and it just hasn't clicked in his head yet.

I know I should be patient - but come on! Don't any of you parents out there think the same thing? It's hard to be patient when your little one (especially the first) is constantly evolving. You keep wondering what they're going to do next. For a while Cameron was growing and growing, and we felt like we were constantly upgrading his clothing sizes, and then all of a sudden he slowed down. He kicked his feet around, rolled around, and then crawled around, and then he maintained his crawling.

The walking will come next. I can't wait. He'll stumble around, with his little legs... he'll fall on his butt a lot, and he'll have a wonderful time with his new ability.

What a wonderful time in life:)

© Copyright 2006 Drina Kyle (UN: drina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Drina Kyle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/435783-Waiting-Waiting-Waiting