*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/432989-Slipping
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1110603
Snapshots and ventings. Welcome to the life of slaving over a ten-month-old boy.
#432989 added June 12, 2006 at 7:23pm
Restrictions: None
Slipping
My writing has been a no-show lately. Case in point being this here blog. My last entry was over a week ago! And my other pieces, man... I spent countless hours on my last manuscript, busting my ass to get it FINISHED, and now with just half of the corrections to complete, I've been putting it off. It's sitting there on my desk, pushed to the side, with a pile of papers I need to file sitting on top of it. It's out of sight, and completely out of mind.

I won't blame Cameron for the lack of progress. Editing has never been my favorite thing to do. For some reason my creativity has fizzled out again. I know that I just need to make time for it and it will come back, but it's the act of MAKING THE TIME that has me groaning and turning away. There are so many other things I need to do in a day.

Writing should be a priority! I'll be back, I promise.

Does anyone else have any suggestions on how to keep the inspiration going or how to keep the daily activities of life from interfering?

© Copyright 2006 Drina Kyle (UN: drina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Drina Kyle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/432989-Slipping