*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/436158-Downs--Ups
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#436158 added June 25, 2006 at 2:43pm
Restrictions: None
Downs & Ups
Many of us experience a 'downer' whenever we finish a writing project. The bigger the project, at least for me, the bigger the maudlin attitude afterwards.

I experienced something this morning I didn't expect. I finished the two signatures requested by two members of the "Invalid Item late last night. Overall I was pleased with them, though they took me better part of the day and night. But when I woke up this morning, I experienced that sadness I normally feel after finishing a book or story.

I mulled the sigs over all day, mentally taking apart each pixel and line thinking the recipients were gonna hate them, never use them -- the usual looking through a magnifying glass at an ant and thinking it a monster ready to pinch my neck off kind of thinking.

Then, when I get home from running a few errands I find this in my mailbox from zwisis:

Merit Badge in Artistic
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for the wonderful images you present to all your WDC colleagues.  They are unique, special and treasured by us all.  The attention you give each one ensures that it is perfectly suited to each writer's character and personality.  Thank you, Andra!


After seeing that, reading the note she sent with it and along with the touching cNotes sent by PastVoices and SilverValkyre loves YOU! , well darn it if that little ant shrunk down to the speck it's supposed to be!

No more maudlin attitude exuding from these pours! Thank you all for your generosity and wonderful words. You sure know how to bless a person!

I wish I could chat more, but I have a few other sigs to create as well as finish setting up a forum, answer more emails, clean out my mailbox, load software . . .

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/436158-Downs--Ups