*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/437281-Excuses
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#437281 added February 21, 2013 at 5:08am
Restrictions: None
Excuses
I was supposed to get up early this morning to go to the gym, but a case of the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. I have forged a note in my mother's handwriting though -

Please excuse Scarlett from P.E. today as she really needs a break for several reasons.

1. After two very heavy days of serious shopping with friends, she's feeling very weary and needed some extra sleep.

2. It's going to be very warm today and the long walk from the gym to the train station would have been too much for her poor, aching wickle feet.

3. It's the fifth day of Wimbledon and she's hardly seen any of the tennis at all. She promises to do leg and arm exercises for couch potatoes while she watches it.

4. She's had very little time to spend on the computer and it's vital she catches up a bit at WDC.

5. Her home has been neglected and many household tasks need doing. She's sure cleaning the bog will burn calories and build muscle.

She promises she will participate at the gym tomorrow morning, so please don't give her a detention or make her stay in at playtime.

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/437281-Excuses