*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/438909-Steppin-up----over----through----who-knows
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#438909 added July 7, 2006 at 10:57am
Restrictions: None
Steppin' up . . . over . . . through . . . who knows?
I went through the first lesson in Write His Answer yesterday, and boy do I feel better! There was quite a list of Scripture readings along with three questions to answer afterwards. I'm using one of my journals to write the answers down. (Dear zwisis. Thank you again!)

The last question asked me to write down the verse that spoke most powerfully to me, to write it down and commit it to memory. With my memory, I'm glad the one I chose is short.

Scarlett touched on it yesterday with her comment: "I've always written, I always will, but accept the roads I'm guided to."

I picked Proverbs 16:9: We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.

This popped out at me mostly because I've seen that in my own life. Most recently was the nudge God gave me (I almost banged my nose on my monitor it was so strong) to become a member of writing.com. I never imagined the friends I’ve made, or the growth I experienced by simply writing and showing it to others.

But the perfect example of how we make a plan, but God determines the steps was partyof5dj's brother Steve. If you haven't read it yet, please do it now before you read on: "Invalid Entry

Though Steve didn't expect, or even want I'm sure, to be arrested, his children were saved from the life he was leading them on, and they experienced a more normal life. Best of all, Steve found salvation and freedom.

I don't know where I'm going. Will I publish the books I've written, and those still aching to come out? Will Dave and I have that child we've been working toward for 2½ years?

Or will our lives go in a direction as yet unimagined?

That God is determining our steps, in the end does it matter if we don’t know now where we're headed?

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. ~ Jeremiah 29:11-13

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/438909-Steppin-up----over----through----who-knows